1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GUN CLUB AND WHY?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    what is the name of your favorite gun club? is it the way the shoot is run? is it the facility? is it how the targets are set? is it the management? is it the food they serve? is it the prizes offered? is it the scores you shoot at this club? is it the background? WHAT DOES A CLUB HAVE TO OFFER TO BECOME YOUR FAVORITE CLUB?
    STEVE BALISTRERI

2. harleyhog

harleyhog TS Member

1) Warsaw Indiana
    2) Melba Idaho
    3) Edwardsburg Michigan
    4) St Joe Indiana
    5) Albion Indiana
    6) Isaak Walton Sioux Falls SD
    7) Fulton Cty GC Rochester Indiana

Why - because they shoot lots of games, they are very good and friendly people and they allow beer

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Hanson rod and gun, just good to shoot at. No ATA shoots :(

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Sedalia R & G. Nice people, a little open shooting, a little competition and an ATA shoot once a month.

Buz

5. debacker

debacker TS Member

Monroe Gun Club - Conneaut, OH Lots of targets, good people, cost of targets, close to home, competitive, great targets.

6. BMC

BMC Member

Redlands--Great all the way around.

7. leadvail

leadvail Member

Mine .Leadville , Colorado.

2 miles away. Trap,Rifle@Pistol. $2.50 rd. targets.

3 weekend registered shoots a year .

Then, not in July or August (100 Degree heat) , Grand Jct., Del Monte , Eagle and Delta . The people , food , management and targets, in that order .

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

North Hollywood Sportsman's Club.... friendly, close to home, targets cost $4.00/ round and throws the perfect target. Fred

9. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

Tucson T&S: good food, nice people, excellent background, manicured and cared for facility, besides that I shoot my best scores there :) lol

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

My home club, Tucson Trap and skeet,

Double Adobe is very close second,

3 thur 7 in no paricular order

Casa Grande, Red Mountain, White mtn TC, Garden canyon, Ben Avery (only shot there 4 years ago)

I need to shoot farther away from home, MAYBE!

Al

11. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

My Favorite
    My actual favorite place to shoot was Vandalia Ohio , But the ATA let it slip out of their control by selling property to airport ! Now They have White Elephant on their finacial books . No shoots at Vandalia no more . Wisdom from mistakes take note Own dont lease or rent . Memebers had no voice in new ground
    Shoot facilities . How do you like it attendance.Keeping tabs 63% who have shot there
    say never again . Next move get show of hands from members ! Due paying active members , Not sales people looking to stick a buck in their pockets dont trust politicians cost too much . Mason Michigan Is fantastic Place ! Cardinal is also Great place . Tucson Az Another one of a kind place . Silver Dollar in Florida Great also . After Sparta is paid up where next ? Give the members a vote on the move . And enhancment of schedule ceremonies do that stuff right after shoots dont wait till shoot-off times . In school they rated you on using your time wisely . Get the Book out again .The crowd is getting older the new shooter are getting fewer !Average media age of ATA shooters what near 60 now ???

Pat Kelley

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

KelleyPLK-I was always under the assumption that the ATA NEVER owned Vandalia. The airport leased the grounds to the ATA. The only ground the ATA owns is the land beneath the HOF/offices. Is this correct?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"WHAT DOES A CLUB HAVE TO OFFER TO BECOME YOUR FAVORITE CLUB?"

Young, bikini-clad female scores/pullers.

So far, none of the clubs around here actually offer this....it's usually pot-bellied retired guys with lots of facial hair. :(

Maybe I should move to Wisconsin.

14. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

SENIOR SMOKE---Your talking about the Las Vegas Gun Club. All of your reasons apply! I drive 3000 miles two times a year just to shoot at Steve's club! I just hope that the city of Las Vegas has the good sense to re-new Steve's lease!

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Oxford Gun Club in Pa. because everyone is your best buddy. Nobody can say they were not treated like an old friend even on their first visit

16. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

Bristol Shotgun Range, Bristol WI. Part of The Conservation Club of Kenosha County, Good People lots of fun, investing in the future. Currently going under a major renovation. New club house, new trap houses, all the grading work completed and contractor for the construction just picked.

17. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

The Country Pond Fish and Game, Newton, NH. A small one trap club, but a lot of good people who truly enjoy trapshooting. We shoot all the games there, but not registered. Too bad, but does keep it small and cozy so to speak. Welcomed me like an old friend my first time there. Cant ask for much more than that. Steve

18. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Spokane Gun Club. Life Member since 1946. The present club was built on 98 acres in 1949 and is well maintained. It is one of those places you can visit and relive many pleasant memories, even if you can't quite break as many targets as in the past.

Development is encroaching from all sides and if the club is forced to move it will never be replaced. Vandalia all over again.

19. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Markham Park in S. Florida. It's the only game in town.

Eric

20. crotchetyoldgrouch

crotchetyoldgrouch TS Member

The Carney Rod and Gun Club in Baltimore, Md. Because my good friend Ray Greb, ATA Ex-Officio is there, they have one of the greatest Winter Leagues around (that starts Sunday) andis the meeting place of the Boumi Shrine Temple Gun Club. Always good friends and good times to be had!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.