1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what is your favorite collectible shotgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I love mod 12 trap guns. I have 2 pigeon grades that are both engraved and have super wood. I love to just admire them and love and shoot them as well.These guns are over 50 years old and I started shooting with these and have a deep appreciation for the quality and the way they point.

2. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Perazzi,
    Got a ?? I have a Model 50 that is marked Featherweight under the reciever. Ser #176xxxA. The 26" barrel is marked WS-1 and rib Simmons. Did Winchester make a featherweight skeet or did someone stick the featherweight barrel on this reciever. Overall condition 99%. Thanks.

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I wish I had one or two more Belgian Superposeds. There is just something about them. It seems like everyone now wants ported barrels and removeable choke tubes,etc. But the Superposed is in a class by itself. I am looking for a 32" Broadway Trap, but havn't found one in my price range yet. Oh well, maybe at the Kane co show tomorrow.

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

CO-369,
    Winchester did make a lightweight skeet gun in the Model 50. The barrel was 26" and marked WS-1 with a Simmons vent rib. The receiver was a lightweight alloy. A nice gun with skeet loads but I ne ver fired it with anything heavier than 3 dram load of 1 1/8 oz. of no 8 shot. You could tell it went off.

5. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Yup, it's got the alloy receiver. Glad to hear that - thanks Larry. It's a joy to carry for pheasants over the setter.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    High Standard Model 10A or 10B.

7. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

striper,

Like you the Mod 12 is my baby, nothing else compares. Had one since I was 18 years old and still have the same one in the collection. The gun has well over 3/4's of a million rounds thru it and is 85 years old and looks and functions like new.

ol 12

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Not a shot gun still a favirote,,<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>,,,favirote shot gun<a ,href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

10. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

This is my favorite baby,gotta have the rib.It is the best hoot to shoot!....Don

11. JRD

JRD TS Member

I'd have to vote for the model 12 also.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is no such thing as a bad Model 12 just some better than others ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Model 12's are great. Take the model numbers and transpose them.

You want "collectible"? Model 21

AJ100

14. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Model 12 for sure. I want a Model 42 and a Model 21 also. However, they are a "tad" costly for my fixed income!! Ed

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

the Winchester Model 21 I sold last year.....and the nice Model 12 20ga I still own.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Don, the Space Gun makes me wonder if the creater used to design Wehrmacht anti-tank rifles during WWII?<br>
    <br>
    I've never shot or have even seen a real Space Gun. How does the design compare to a conventional trap gun for trap?

17. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian: Look at Don's picture he posted.

18. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

wow...was expecting to see at least one person mention the old Ithaca single traps. I like the older SBT's and the Knicks models from the 20's to 40's. I own one of the last 15 SBT's made, and it's a fun little gun for trap.

-Jollytrapshooter

19. mitterand

mitterand TS Member

While others prefer the starfleet phaser rifle, i prefer the Klingon disruptor ...

20. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

If the space gun were not so darned hard to load, it would have been a great gun. Realize the "in line" thing forces the recoil straight back. It is also a big gun and that combination makes a very soft shooting rig. Despite the unconventional configuration, they move very fast and point quite well. The trigger is fast. Just hard to load and it doesn't break down for transport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.