1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your fav brand name of hunting boot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Travioli, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Looking to buy a new pair of hunting boots but not sure which to buy. I had a pair of wolverines for 8 years. I saw the Kenetrek boot but very expensive. Anyone else have thoughts on a good boot?

Thanks,

Travis

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Danner.

Berettaman7

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I like Rocky boots. I use their Stalkers with 800 grams of Thinsulate and my feet are very warm and don't hurt even after a day on blacktop with them on. The soles are made of two different rubbers, with the inner layer being softer than the one that contacts the ground - you can really feel the "give," especially in your heels. And they aren't super expensive - Bass Pro Shops usually sells them for about $100 and occasionally has them on sale for $69.95.

Ed

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Russell Birdshooters are the best. they will keep a cutout pattern of your feet on file and custom make them to your dimensions.

If you want the best, that's it.

Danner, Red Wing, Chippewa, all very good. But they'r not Russell.

HM

5. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Ecco, The most comfortable shoe's I've ever wore, I have a half dozen pair now, I wish they also made western boots.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Russells are the best. I vote for Danner on a second best.

7. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Walmart!

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Meindl and Lowa will outlast Danner two or three to one. I know as i have used all three for several years. Danner is wal-mart in comparison. Vasque also makes a better boot than Danner but not as durable as Meindl. Meindl has few rivals in performance,fit and durability.

9. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

+1 on Russell then Danner.

10. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Ecco and Danner

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I like my insulated "Red Wings" and I wear them almost every day from Nov through April. A pair will last me about 3 years. "Red Wing" has started making some of their shoes in China so watch out. Last time I had to pay $25 more to get a US made pair. To me it is well worth it. I've never had a pair of China boots that felt good or lasted.

Never tried Russell or Danner, sounds like they make a quality pair.

12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Does anyone make a good over-the-counter 4EEEE boot? I am a diabetic and need the extra foot space. Also looking for a good boot to wear when hunting marshy areas (something like a Muck brand boot) also in 4EEEE.

13. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Irish Setter, only trouble i ever had was the studs on each hole for the laces had a hard edge and cut the laces with me having them pulled tight, so i pulled them off. they're 5 years old now.

Phil

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Doubleauto, look at Cabel's brand boots as they have some 4E items. Also Red Wing use to. Here again Russell will make custom footwear.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have two pairs ( wife wears them too) of Browning lightweight kangaroo leather upland boots that I have worn for 15 years. They are real ight and waterproof with an insualted lining. I would buy them again

16. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I wear Rocky. Tough and hard to wear out.

Jim C

17. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

With out a doubt the American made Danners!!!

18. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

What sort of hunting boot? It makes a difference whether you are talking bird hunting in the early fall or mountain hunting for elk in November.

Danner started in the sixties in a little shop on 82nd street in Portland, about ten blocks from where I grew up. They made a great boot back then, custom made to fit your feet. I remember going into the shop and getting my feet traced so that they could get it right. Over the years they've moved several times as they grew, and lost that personal touch. I'm not sure they are any better than any other mass-produced boots anymore.

Two companies that I like a lot better now are Whites out of Spokane, and Schnees out of Bozeman. I'm going deer hunting next week for a week and elk hunting in mid-November, both from 8-10,000 feet in the White Cloud Mountains in Idaho, and I'll have my White Elk Guide Pacs along for both hunts. Most likely that is what the guides will be wearing too.

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I actually think Danner are better than Russle at a fraction of the price-- in fact you can get 3-4 pair of danners on sale for what you pay for russle and you can cover the different height and insulation requirements that you may have

not that you would get 3- 4 pair of boots but 2 pair arent a bad idea

Danner uses high tech type engineering-

Russles are good boots and always have been but I dont think they have kept pace with the technology and they dont have even a small fraction of the market that danner does

20. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.