1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT IS YOUR CLUB'S POLICY ON SMOKING?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

WHAT IS YOUR CLUB

HELLO:
    My best friend smokes 3 to 4 packs of cigarettes per day. he also drinks about 40 cups of coffee. a few years ago we were traveling to a shoot in Wisconsin and stopped by a restaurant that we always eat at and they had signs no smoking allowed. my friend had a fit and he wanted to eat elsewhere. a few weeks later we go to our area gun club and they had signs up that no smoking was allowed. he tried to lite up but was asked to smoke outside. i told him he is a guest at a club, obide by their rules or don't shoot their.

we go to other clubs and one owner started laughing . the owner said" that is the craziest thing i ever heard. that is a gun club" in my area i only know of 1 club with a no smoking policy. does your club allow smoking anymore. for the shooters who travel alot for tournaments, do most clubs still allow you to smoke inside the club house?
    steve balistreri

2. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

You can only smoke the Clay Pigeons.

3. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

In Ontario you can't smoke in any public place,and or work place. You can't even smoke in your own car if there are children present.

4. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

Smoke, here in New York State there is no smoking in a place where the public gather inside. So, most of the clubs have fallowed suite and put up the NO Smoking signs. One club I belong to allows to smoke the other one doesn't. Free country isn't it. haha. Go figure
    smokem if you got em
    Fran

5. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

as of july 5th this year wisconsin will no smoking in public places. are club house was rebuilt 3 years ago. when we opened the doors it was no smoking. Iam a smoker and have introuced no smoking regulations in a archery clubs building I belonged to. if we smoke as I do, we can at least step out side as a courtsey to others. the restaurants here in dane county where I live became no smoking last year it was hard at first to have a vodka and tonic with out a smoke. but I servived. sorry but its the future. now is all we have to do is learn how to ride a bike to the shoots, carrying all are gear. them dam cars and buses should also be shut down.

6. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

All gun clubs in Maryland don't allow smoking in the club house, but after everyone leaves people smoke in the club house anyways. You can still, of course, smoke outside, but just not in the club house while everyone is there.

Osker Reynolds

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

The smoking policy at our gun club is that you have to bring your own smokes...... or else bum them from a friend. They aren't provided for free.

Seriously though, I can see no reason why smoking tobacco products should be banned at a gun club. If a person is shooting a break action gun, they get a good whiff of smoke every time they open their just-fired gun. Who knows what kinds of chemicals are in that smoke?

Yeah, I know, there are some people who don't want others to smoke in the same county with them. I think all those people should move to California.

Easystreet

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Steve.... The same is true in California. No smoking allowed in any public building, period! Not allowed in bars, workplaces, or anywhere else, for that matter. All smoking must be outside, unless it is in a private residence, private club, etc. that is not open to the general public.. None of the gun clubs I shoot at in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, etc. allow smoking in their clubhouses.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No smoking in our club house.

A strong majority of our members want it this way. That might piss off the few that do smoke but really they don't have the right to stink the place up and ruin other people's breathing air. I use to smoke cigarettes but even then I didn't smoke indoors or in some other person's car. I quit when my daughter came along because I didn't want to risk sharing the addiction with her. Smoking indoors is bad manners and it is unhealthy for all.

I still like a cigar now and then .... but only outside, preferably watching a sunset.

10. Landshark

Landshark Member

At Greater Houston Gun Club smoking is allowed outside. No complaints by anyone.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are laws in many States that it is against the law to smoke where the pulic gathers and they are strictly enforced if and when they get reported ... There is also a 20 foot law that says anyone who is smoking must be at least 20 foot away from the entrance of places where people gather ... I think the fine is up to $500 per day if violated and after 5 days or 5 violations they can pull the business liscense of that business if they do not enforce the law or comply ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

WOLFRAM:
    I use to smoke a cigar once and awhile when i was at a gun club. i almost died in june 2009 so i decided to stop. to be honest, i miss it. found it relaxing. i believe that you abide by club rules. some do, some don't allow members to smoke inside the club. my mother would not allow my dad to smoke indoors. he would bit-- and moan while he smoked outside especially in a wisconsin winter.
    steve

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I don't care about the smoking, but I sure do miss the beer can holders on the line.

Sheesh, when will it ever end? All our "Rights" being stomped on.

Curt

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Steve, as bad as cigars are for a person, they sure are one of life's great pleasures. Sorry you had to give them up but watching the sunset without a cigar is still better than not being around to watch at all. Glad you were able to put them down, it isn't easy and I don't think the cravings ever completely go away.

15. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

In IL, you can't smoke anywhere inside anything. The only exception is a club, in existence for at least 15 years, that has NO employees. Verboten at Maywood and Northbrook, outside only.

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I was recently elected Pres of our local club. Melba GC has been around since 1947 and has always allowed smoking. We recently held a youth shoot and had several families and lot's of kids so we banned smoking for the day because the women & children would be eating inside and it is a pretty small club house with no ventilation. We encountered no resisitance so I brought it up at our Board meeting and too my surprise they voted 100% against smoking inside. We have now had the policy for a month and I have heard nothing but good from members. They really appreciate not going home smelling like a cigarette.I have nothing against people who enjoy a smoke ( I enjoy a cigar now and then)but they need to respect other peoples wishes.

17. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Due to Il state law you can add Downers Grove to the smoking ban indoors.

Larry

18. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

We have left clubs early after a day of shooting because they allowed smoking in the clubhouse. Also, have not enjoyed eating lunch in the clubhouse at the same clubs. We have started to take such clubs off the shoot scheule.

19. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Oregon also prohibits smoking in a public place. There was some grumbling at clubs but the word got around quickly enough......Bob Dodd

20. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Touchy situation for those who don`t care what others think about their stinking habit . I smoked for years , worked at a cigar distributors and inhaled every one to the last puff but I haven`t smoked for over 42 years and I don`t miss it one bit . I can`t stand the smell of a cigarette but can sit or talk to a cigar smoker all day without a problem . Even following someone in the vehicle in front of me P***es me off . My wife smokes and I can`t stand that either . Gags he up . We don`t allow smoking in our trailer either and some don`t have the sense to move away from others as they get their fix on a cigarette outside . Nastiest habit next to spitting in public . NJ should start a first for the country , since we are the first in everything including taxes and insurance premiums , and inforce a no smoking ban in the whole state , even riding down the NJ turnpike in a car all by yourself !! That way we can get rid of more people who don`t like us here and we would be perfectly happy , at least I would be .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

california law on smoking inside a business