1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your AC stat set at???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dove Commander, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Big time argument between some wives and husbands. What do you set your airconditioning at in the summer? Your location would help too. I say 73, she says 77. Women!!!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Idaho - very low hunidity very hot, my wife 70, me 72 and yes it is a hot topic in the house

3. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

68, I like it cold. Wive sleeps with 2 blankets.

Tom R.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

75. It is turned off and the windows opened on any day in the 70s, and I turn it off when I leave the house for more than 2 hours. Electricity is not cheap these days.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Recurvy, I think it might be cheaper to leave it on for those 2 hours if it is very hot. The a/c will have to start over from a hotter point to cool down to where it was. Murray

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Good point Murray. Most people don't understand how conditioning the interior of a house works. A stat is not like a gas pedal.

7. K 80 Guy

K 80 Guy TS Member

lol, I don't have to pay for electricity so mine is set at 60!! lmao, sure is an ice box in here

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

75 when I'm home, 78 when I'm not and at night. If it's going to be less than 80 it's off.

Being a bachelor isn't always that great, but I get to have the temp where I want it!

I live in Minnesota.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Wife wants 70, I want 76 to save electricity/money. We usually compromise at about 73. She always wants to open the windows....even if its really humid. Doesn't understand the humidity/heat concept.

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Timb99, Another good point, Humidity. Best to keep the space sealed. How many turn their stats down (cooler) for bed? or atleast an hour before?

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ok, when does it become worth it (i.e. how many hours that I'm going to be away) to turn off the A/C? What if I'm gone the whole day?

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Chicago area can be hot and humid; when we turn it on (rarley) it's set at 79 degrees. Would rather have the windows open we have great shade trees that help along with celing fans in most rooms.

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

73 around the clock in SE Georgia(Blackshear). If we are going to be gone for a few days we set it to 82 degrees. Jackie B.

14. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Bruce, I'm disqualifying your response. Theres some thing wrong with you and FlaLagarto. 79-80 degrees...your killing my argument.

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

AC is set on 78, real benefit is reducing the humidity. After being outside today with 90 degree temp and same percentage of humidity it is almost chilly!!
    I sleep with a fan blowing on me so 78 ain't bad.

16. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I set mine for 82 when home, 85 when away. I have ceiling fans in most every room, so I feel fine. I live alone, and only have to please MYSELF.

Our electic utility is going up 20% Sept 1. I guess I will buy long johns and socks for the winter. I am a cheap skate except for fitness and shooting. LOL

17. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I keep the AC thermostat set on 78 during the day and 74 at night. When it is 90 degrees and humid outside, 78 degrees feels real good.

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I set ours at 78 during the day and shut if off and open windows when the outside temp goes below 78. We live in Saugus CA, thats desert country at 2000 msl. Unless we have high humidity, 78 is fine. If things get humid I set it to 73. Last month's electric bill was $302 and change. The month before it was $265. Today was 108 at noon, a tad hotter at 2:00 pm. I was at Oaktree gun club for a shoot today and by 11:00 it was so hot I gave up. We were shooting sporting clays and the sun on the ridges was merciless.

19. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

74 when home. Program goes to 85 during the day, but the house never gets higher than 80 (6 degree rise over 10 hours in 90 degree heat - not bad I'd say).

They say moving air can feel up to 6 degrees cooler (i.e. ceiling fan) but don't do squat for humidity. 80 degrees inside with 60% humidity and a ceiling fan doesn't feel too bad.

20. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

68 degrees 24/7 year round, Winston does not like the heat.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=HPIM0045.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.