1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is up with Ljutic?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I sure hope they are still viable. I notice they have not advertised lately in Trap & Field or Trapshooting USA. Joel Etchen special run is still "coming soon" in his advertisements as has been the case for several months.

I sure enjoy shooting my Monogun, hope they are not on the ropes. If anybody has any real info I would like to hear it. I really would like to think this all American company can continue the traditions of quality and reliability.

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

They called me and said my gun would be delivered Friday. I usually speak with them weekly or bi-weekly, and everything is very busy there. When I was there in August, they had a lot of orders for guns, many custom and dealer orders. Looks to me like everything is doing very well. Roy

3. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Was just down there a week ago monday with a shooter from Alaska who is getting his Mono rebuilt and they seemed to be doing just fine.

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

They did not have a presence at the Yakima shoot. The "Big Yak" is a pretty good size shoot. I was a little curious about that? Lot of people shooting Ljutics, me included.

Ajax

5. 3357

3357 Member

If they are busy things must be OK, they really are pretty much still a custom
    shop. Thanks for the info, I am glad to know they are still alive.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The special run of stainless steel Ljutics are in. I bought one.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Good to hear they are alive....

Ron Burr

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I hope their reblueing dept is better than previous ?? 2009 I sent my 111 back for reblueing and tune up . Sent it back because the blue job was terrible . Got it back and I should have sent it back that next year as it was rubbing off to say the least . Now it looks like and old original and when I called to see what they would do , I got it was too long a time period for them to honor the work . None of my other guns have the wear marks like this one as I dont have acid in my hands that some do . Other than that I am a Ljutic lover and just bought another . I may look for someone else to do the blueing . I thought they may have cut me a deal like half price but that wasn`t mentioned on the phone and I wasn`t able to email Nadine . Her email seems to be disabled ??

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ljutic re-blued my Mono about two years ago, and the bluing has worn off the bottom of the receiver already. I think it may be common with the Ljutic bluing.

10. normanboy

normanboy Member

My Mono should arrive at Ljutic today. From talking to them on the phone all seemed well. I had to wonder how busy they were when they were talking only 2 weeks to turn my gun around. Also thanks for the update on Ljutic blue jobs. Mine blue is worn off the receiver and I was thinking about having them reblue it for me. I also have thought about having the receiver hard chromed instead of blued. Has anyone out there had this done? If so and you could post some pictures that would be great.

Gary Brackin

11. ramorton

Gary,
    Jimmy had to do all the repairs before they transferred Mike Hugill in from the other division. Now, repairs are done by both of them. Speeds up the process and they start at 7:00 am. Roy

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Have receiver nickeled or trade it in and buy a stainless mono gun. Joel Etchen has some nice ones.

13. elinvar

elinvar Member

I have been having most of the new Ljutic's for my shop nickeled. I really like the look and they are more durable than blue.
    Terry Jones

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It was explained to me that the steel they use has a higher chromium content for long wear..this prevents the blueing from taking to the surface and being as durable as a steel with higher carbon...get it plated and you won't have to worry about it for a long time if ever again

15. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Could some of you post a pic or two of the nickeled finish on a Ljutic so some of us can choose between the two?
    Thanks Rooferbob

16. ramorton

Contact Ron at Mahovsky's Metalife, he can do a fine job on a Ljutic. I haven't had him do one for me, however, I have seen his work on one and it looks outstanding. 814-436-7747 Price is very reasonable. Roy

17. normanboy

normanboy Member

I would really like to see some pictures of the nickeled receivers. My Mono just arrived at Ljutic yesterday and I will have to make a decision next week on the finish.

Thanks for all the posts. Nice to know there are many Ljutic owners out there!

Gary Brackin

18. elinvar

elinvar Member

Nickel plated ljutic on eash side- Stainless in middle

Terry

19. mshep

mshep TS Member

I bought my Ljutic Mono Stainless from Joel Etchens in July. He had several there. Great gun and great service. I'm surprised by how soft a shooter it is.

20. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Thanks Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic lovers