1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is up with eBay...someone tell me?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by billy77, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billy77

billy77 TS Member

I've sold a lot of parts on eBay, but not lately....what have they done and why? Thanks WC

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Because of the Tech school shooting Ebay is now on their soap box trying to save the world from the evils of guns. In order to do so they have pulled and closed ALL gun parts that they were allowing on Ebay. They will not let you buy or list any gun parts any more.

3. C H S

C H S TS Member

eBay is looking out for its own best interests. For their own reasons they don't want to be aligned with guns or the gun trade. Cynics would figure that eBay is trying to save the world from the evils of guns. The only reason they'd do that is because that's where they get their customers from. I figure they're simply adjusting their priorities to preserve their company. This is not the last time eBay will rethink its priorities and ban products from its web site. This has just gotten the ball rolling.

Andy

4. C H S

C H S TS Member

Wireguy, why do you think it necessary that eBay conduct its business according to your value system and your business plan?

Andy

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Wiseguy, as far as I'm concern you are so right. CHS is nothing but a lib dem under a Rep gun owner clothing. You and I can talk to him till we turn blue. He will stand up for what Ebay is doing and always say its right. Ebay is like the Mormons, They don't dring booze, they don't drink anything with cafeine in it. Coffee and sofe drinks. They will how ever turn a blind eye and sell it to anyone who comes in their store and or restaurant. They will preach a good sermon but will that is as far as it goes as long as they make the money. Their standards are like Ebay.

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

CHS, tell us all something. What if the attacker used a sword and a knife to kill people. What should Ebay be doing then? What if he used a car full of propan tanks? You get the point. It just happened to be a gun and all he really bought from Ebay were some pistol mag's. Because of that we have to be punished because of what he did. To me thats not right even if its their co.

7. C H S

C H S TS Member

So I ask again...what the hell makes the loud people right and the business people wrong?? Why are they wrong? Because YOU don't like their decision ("Banning gun stuff is wrong because I like gun stuff!")? Because it puts a dent in that tiny little bubble you call your world? You can bellow and moan and stomp your feet all you want. You can call me anything you like. But at the end of the day, the ONLY reason you're doing it is because something you can't control dared to mess with your narrow little view of what's important. Had eBay banned something you didn't care about, I doubt you would have even noticed let alone said anything.

It's not about my politics or defending eBay or any other philosophy. They made a business decision about the direction of their company and all your closed-minded, tunnel vision, irrational rants are NOT gonna change it.

Andy

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Now answer my second post, what should Ebay do if the attacker used a sword and or a car? YOU CHS can stomp your feet and throw your two year old attiuded all you want. It also looks like that you just might own a co and think you can piss down on people. That you think because you own a buisness that you to can do as you please. Well guess what, just because you own a buisness does not give you the right to do as you please. Just to let you know I have seen your type before and I have seen your type get layed out on the ground bleeding like a stuck pig and sounding like one to. His position did not protect him in any way. You just keep sounding like a LIB DEM in Rep cloths more and more. So tell us something else. If the co you work (if you work for one) handed you your pink slip after 25 or 30 years of work just short of your retirement and you got cheated of your retirement money would you still say that the co had every right to do so? That they can do as they please because they own the co. I doubt it.

9. charlevillecat

charlevillecat TS Member

No good to complain as Egay will not change their mind as I found that out.Do like I do and use Gunbroker,have fun and dig your heels in against the anti,s.

10. DocJim

DocJim Member

Saw a shotgun barrel for sale on there today. ???

JIm G

11. C H S

C H S TS Member

wireguy, you're just way too hung up on this "moral" thing. Ebay made a business decision for crying out loud, a decision about how to market themselves, maximize their market appeal and their profits.

"Right" also means correct, proper or appropriate for the circumstances, the most productive action for eBay to take to follow their business model. It seems that you can't imagine a definition for the word "right" that doesn't have religious overtones. And I didn't say one damned thing about your morality. I asked you why you thought that eBay (or any other business for that matter) had to conduct itself the way you, for whatever reasons, thought businesses were supposed to act.

We're looking at this thing from opposite perspectives. There's no point in arguing apples vs grapefruit. I'm done.

Andy

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

As far a Remington parts, there's still just as much up there for auction as before. I just listed a Rem 1100 barrel. Let's see if they pull it. Dave T.

13. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I hate to say I agree with CHS, but it is their decision
    to make!

That said we as a shooting comunitee have a decision to make, do we cry about it? Or do we millions of potetential buyers take are buying power elsewhere!

There are other online venues to buy what you need or your hart desires, or sell what you don't use any longer, use them, and give ewhatever the imagenary finger and get on with our lives!

That online auction sight made a business choice, if we as a gunowning comunitee is only going to wine about it THEY win! Take enough money out of that loop hurt their bottm line to the point they agree with us we win!

So STOP USING E*** And we still win!

Al

14. Big Az Al

to make!

That said we as a shooting comunitee have a decision to make, do we cry about it? Or do we millions of potetential buyers take are buying power elsewhere!

There are other online venues to buy what you need or your hart desires, or sell what you don't use any longer, use them, and give ewhatever the imagenary finger and get on with our lives!

That online auction sight made a business choice, if we as a gunowning comunitee is only going to wine about it THEY win! Take enough money out of that loop hurt their bottm line to the point they agree with us we win!

Al

15. Big Az Al

to make!

Al

16. Big Az Al

to make!

Al

17. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Lets talk about Ebay morals. Ebay knows that they are being used to sell stolen property. Are they doing anything about it. NO not as long as they get their money.

18. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Only 2 things 2 do be a pain in the ass and keep posting banned items or move on. I have not recieved any notice and shall keep posting until I do.

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If I owned shares of Ebay....I would be questioning their position of getting rid of a profit center when it WILL NOT accomplish anything.

20. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

I changed my signon to "Gunsforevr" and leave my account open but won't go back Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.