1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by k3uro, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Anyone have any idea what this is and how old?

August Stukenbrok

Fahrrader

*Einbeok*

It has no tirgger guard. It appears to be a single action, the barrel does not appear to rifled. 1 1/2" barrel, wood grips. 37 marked on two of the parts.

I know that Sugkenbrok published a catalog with sporting items for sale.

Thanks,

Jim

4054086525 OKC
    k3uro_2008_03032.jpg

k3uro_2008_03033.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It has a very nice Patina going.

Matt

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

You may reply to sbcoachjim@aol.com

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

If it actually says "August Stukenbrok Fahrader Einbeck" and not Einbeok, It likely means August Stukenbrok Bicycle Company in Einbeck Germany was the company that the gun was made for. He had a mail ordr company similar to Sears did in the USA.

Jeff

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The bore in the barrel is a lot bigger than the chambers in the cylinder. Could be a starter's pistol or a stage prop.

MK

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I believe it's called a "Kia."

Or at least it will be in a few months.

-Gary

7. missed some

missed some TS Member

i think the bicycle gun thing works, weren't they made to shoot dogs that ran and and tried to nab ya as you rode by? mark crist

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like this one: <I>gunstar.co.uk</I> and this one <I>Velo Dog Revolver</I>

Apparently made by many small factories in Europe.

From <I>this 2002 forum thread</I> came this quote"<blockquote><I>"It is a common European pocket revolver of the late 19th and early 20th century. They generally sold new for the equivalent of $3-4, the same price range as our inexpensive revolvers of the time. While the .25 ACP (6.35mm) is usually thought of as an automatic pistol cartridge, it and the larger .32 ACP (7.65mm) have a small rim and those revolvers were often made in those calibers. Most were made in Belgium and an oval with the letters E L G (the Liege proofmark) would confirm that. (Edited after seeing the second set of pictures - yes, it was made in Belgium.)

The value is negligible, perhaps $50-100 as a novelty, if it is functional. It is probably safe to fire but remember that it is probably at least 100 years old so use discretion.

It is made in the same general way as many of the so-called Velo-Dog revolvers, but it is not really one of those, since it does not fire the Velo-Dog cartridge. Briefly, the Velo-Dog was a fairly powerful .22 caliber center fire cartridge made to allow people riding bicycles ("velocipedes") to protect themselves from attacks by dogs, hence the "velo-dog" name. That revolver cylinder is much too short to take the Velo-Dog round."</I></blockquote>

MK

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Typical turn of the century carry gun. Bore and chambers do look same size. perspective hurts the pic. Tons of these in the old Sears, Bannerman, and other catalogues from around 1900. Couple of bucks back then. About the same now unless you find someone who likes those things.

10. missed some

missed some TS Member

unknown 1 that is what i was tryin to remember, thanks mark

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

What you have is a Bull Dog, they made them in Belgium, and England in 32 and 38 centerfire around the 1880's. I have a Belgian made one in 38.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
8 sided barrel august stukenbrok einbeck

august stukenbrok einbeck flobert pistole

august stukenbrok einbeck pistol

august stukenbrok revolver
who was august stukenbrok