1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this style of stock called ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DOWN UNDER HUNTER, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

DOWN UNDER HUNTER TS Member

I recently looked at a trap stock that has a slot for your thumb on top of the grip and forward of the comb.

Can anyone tell me what they are like to shoot and what this style of stock is commonly refered to ?

Pros and cons ?

Thanks

DUH

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

Like this? i believe its a thumb hole stock
    [​IMG]

3. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

Tha nks for that.

No that is not it. Its like a std trap stock but there is a deep depression in front of the comb that the thumb sits in.. It does not have a " hole like that". Thanks for trying mate.

DUH

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

It is sometimes used by International Skeet competitors. I don't have a picture and I don't know if the stock has a name.

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

A stock like this?

Don't know what it is called, just saw a picture of one once.

6. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Rick, I believe that is the style stock DUH was referring to. I have mainly seen them being used in the International Skeet discipline, as the shooters are required to start from a low-gun mount. I believe the advantage would be less chance of your hand moving on the grip during the mounting process. May make for a bit more consistent grip and mount process. Garrett

7. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

The skeet shooters were first but a number of international trap and double trap shooters are now using the design including Olympic trap champion David Kostelecki and Italian double trap shooter Daniello Francesco.

Chuck

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Also makes it harder for a convenience store clerk to jerk a gun out of the hands of a stick-up guy.

9. DOWN UNDER HUNTER

Well done Rick... THATS THE ONE !!

I think that design would be good it the hand too. I have seen skeet guys using it. I think it would come up well for sporting as well.

Might follow this style a little further with the local guys here and see what they can come up with.

Thanks boys for the tips.

DUH

10. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

Damn! Now I want one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.