1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is This Perrazi Worth?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sako2115, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Hi,

A friend of mine offered to sell me a Perrazi MX-3 Combo that is almost new in the box. It is not the special, but the "standard" MX-3 Combo with unaltered barrels, etc. It has hardly been shot...Looks like new...Thanks.

2. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

32/34

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

IMHO 5 grand for the round block MX3 is too much. With a little looking you shoyld be able to find a really nice special for that kind of money.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok my opinion is not worth to much since I would never own on e of the spegatti guns ok I did have one 25 years ago but that was the first and last but it was a freebie so really I only paid 97.50 for it.

Fog

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I share your sentiments, Foggy. And I'll sell you an "h" for "spaghetti" for 25 cents. LOL!

Buz

6. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike (PBB) is really close,

in my opinion, if the gun is as described (make sure all bluing is good, including receiver face, make sure forearm knuckle is not galled, then:

$4k would be "buy it now"
    $4500 I would offer $4250
    $5k I would pass on it

The MX-3 is a great gun, probably one of the best Perazzi rib designs (behind the DB81)

Don Rackley

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think BigBore is on but I would say that cases in combo deals are throw ins

I would say $3500-4000

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Ado

Ado TS Member

Hello all,

While the Perazzi experts are reading...I am looking at a nice DB81 Special combo 43/32 with Wilkerson barrel work on both sets of barrels...would it fall into the approximate price range of the MX3 combo?

Thanks for your help,

Ado

9. Ado

Ado TS Member

Type-O...34/32 combo...

Sorry,

Ado

10. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

I paid $2500 just for the over and under barrel last summer..Lucky to find one..Mizzou

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Considering the lockup problems they had, no more than $4m but even at that I'd surely pass.

Neil

12. Ado

Ado TS Member

Thanks to everyone for the great info...Mike,I will find out the POI and restrictions and let you know....the wood on the gun is original and in excellent shape and it is not ported. It has the original pattern papers and tools... there have been no choke tubes installed either; however Mr. Wilkinson opened up the bores to both sets to .735..

Thanks for the heads up Neil...was the lock up problem so severe that I should pass on the gun regardless? This is the first I have heard of this problem...

Thanks again for any help,

Ado

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Ado, as I remember, it was easily fixed by changing the angle of the locking block a bit. But before the fix, they opened up, particularly in the rain. Hard to believe; I didn't believe it until I saw it.

Is it stamped "Wilkinson" or does it have supporting paperwork? If so, maybe a bit more $$; if not, _way_ less.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.