1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this part that came with my Benelli Nova??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I recently bought a Benelli Nova Pump and this part fell out of the box when it came. What in the world is this? It's very small, only 2" long. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't know what that part is but if that is as good as the Benelli boys can weld I would hall that thing back and get a Mossberg.LOL

3. odie-wan

odie-wan TS Member

Kinda looks like an ejector. Does it kick out shells when you rack it? If I remember right from Nova's I've had, the ejector in a Nova rides in a channel on a spring on the far side of the receiver. I'd look for that part first. I'm not sure what else it would be.

Sean

4. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

It is in fact the ejector.

5. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Is it an extra one? Or do they come like a kit?

Kenny U

PS:

Just joking around

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ahhh ha....ok I need to take the gun apart. It's still at the FFL so I never fired it or taken it apart. I'll go down there tonight to check it out. Thanks you!

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Yes it's the ejector. I took it apart and looks like the ejector falls out when the barrel is removed. Stupid design, but at least I put it back together. Thanks for the help!

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

If it fall apart that easy something tells me you better get a spare if you think much of that gun. That doesn't happen on a SuperNova.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My Brother in law won one of those. He fired one box and it gave him the old green shoulder.

Bye Bye Nova.

HM

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Yeah I'm not really sure why the dumb design. The ejector slides on a channel on the left side of the receiver and is held back by the barrel. So when you unscrew and take the barrel off, there is nothing holding the ejector down and the spring behind it just pushed it out. Not really a bid deal since it's a short pump so I don't need to take it apart. Got it mainly as a toy and for home defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli ejector fell out