1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this part on my 525 citori?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

This part as a little play in it now. My 525 is from 2004. I bought it used and the gun didn't have much use or wear cause the lever was way to the right.

I have had it about a year now and must have put 8500-9000 rounds of my own through it and you can tell it's starting to "break in".

The first pic is the bottom and the second pic is with the barrels off (sorry about the crappy pics)

Anything to worry about???

openchoke_2011_12096.jpg

openchoke_2011_12097.jpg

2. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Basically the cocking mechanism. It should move freely. Fist pic fore and aft, second pics up & down. You don't define play but my bet is all is fine - no worries at this time. DGG

3. open choke

open choke TS Member

You can hear it a little when you close the action and with the gun's action opened or broken down and you looking down on the engravings; if i put my thumb on the engravings it has a slight wiggle side to side

4. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

They aren't that well fit. I wouldn't worry about. If it's too tight or gets an obstruction is when problems occur.

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

Thanks for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.