1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Is This Custom Guns Value?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nitro 100, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

I just acquired a Remingtom 1100 Limited Edition.Here is what Remingtons wbeb site says about the gun.

In September 1980, Remington announced the Model 1100 Limited Edition "One of Three Thousand." This was a high grade gun with positive cut checkered fancy American walnut wood with a fitted rosewood grip cap and thin brown butt pad. It is 14K gold trimmed and etched with a hunting scenes on the receiver. All metal parts including the receiver, barrel, bolt and magazine cap have a high-luster finish. This limited edition gun was available only in 1980, and was produced only in 12 gauge with a 28", modified choke, vent rib barrel. Serial numbers went from LE-80-0001 to LE-80-3000, and this custom gun retailed for $1125.00 in 1981.

The gun I have is in the box and has never been put together. It does not appear that the forearm has ever been unwrapped. I have the original receipt where the gun was bought new in 1981. $1210 plus tax for a $1300.75 total. This was alot of money in 1981. What is that gun worth today to a collector? The sleave that the box slides in is a little tattered. I would love to post pics , but I do not know how. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jerry nickell

2. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Jerry Check with Dave or Doug Wolk on the value, but I don't think it is worth much more than new price. Are you wanting to sell it and what exactly is the serial #. Is it actually 1 of 3000?
    Bob McConnell

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

At the time, Tournament grades were selling for around 475 if I remember correctly. They go used for 500 now, sometimes more. I don't think the new 700 dollar ones are as good.

There should be a Blue Book entry on this. Getting a high price for it would depend on the desires of the particular collector involved.

HM

5. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83350825

Here's one that didn't draw a bid with a starting price of $1200. The ad has 4 pics.

John

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Last one I saw that sold NIB was about 5 yrs ago for $800 if that helps.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

800-1K is the real world value on these guns. Very pretty, but not as much value as a D or F grade (all the gold inlays are probably rolled on).

8. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

If you looking to sell hit me with a price. Gary L.

9. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Lumper,
    I am quoting Remington by calling it a custom gun. In their website it says and I quote; Serial numbers went from LE-80-0001 to LE-80-3000, and this CUSTOM gun retailed for $1125.00 in 1981.
    skeet-man,
    Again according to Remington the gold is 14 carrot gold. if inflation does not make this gun more valuable than 1981, I will shoot it.
    slugbug,
    email me at: jnnickell1961@yahoo.com and I will price it to you.

Read my first entry. I copied from remingtons site what they had to say about the gun. Gun has never even been put together from what I can see.

Jerry

10. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

LUMPER,
    WHAT I PAID FOR THE GUN DOES NOT CHANGE THE VALUE OF THE GUN. IF IT IS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH WHAT I PAID. LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY, YOU CAN NOT BUY IT FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT. YOU PERSONALLY CAN NOT BUY THE GUN AT $3000.

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

OICU812 ... his posting smells fishy and he caught at least one fish who is asking him for a price if he is willing to sell it.

12. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Lumper,
    Shut the bullshit up about trying to help sell a gun with the bump to the top. I actually have the gun and it is for sale to anyone other than you. I have offers on the gun. What they are is none of your F??/%%^^$ business. I will take everyone of these guns you can find me for your 800 -1000 per gun. You are a chicken shit to even post your real name. Will you be so kind and never post on any of my posts again? You are a real piece of work. Keep shooting your H&R single barrel and stay the f^#@ out of everyone else's post.

JERRY NICKELL

13. skeet_man

Nitro- Since you asked.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84353072 Opening Bid of $899, 2 days left.

14. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Skeet-man,
    Thanks, but I have already been in contact on that gun. He does not have the box and is unsure if it is fired. We are talking about price if it does not sell at the auctions end. I will buy that gun and shoot it. I would rather not shoot the one I have as it is in the box and unfired. Thanks again.

jerry

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hi Jerry, Jeff here, I got this from Gunbroker.com's closed auction feature. Jerry, For goodnesss sake don't let that guy's post get to you. I don't think that anybody on the site take's the guy seriously.

Remington Model 1100 shotgun Ltd. Ed. 1 of 3000 1 $1,100.00 Auction has Ended

83350825 Remington 1100 Diamond Anniversay 1 of 3000 0 $1,200.00 Auction has Ended

83822180 Remington 1100 1 of 3000 12 ga. unfired 3 $1,250.00 Auction has Ended

83842126 Remington 1100 Diamond Anniversay 1 of 3000 1 $1,200.00 Auction has Ended

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

So... Jerry, 1200.00 is what it will bring if you put it on a Gunbroker.com auction and it is in trhe shape yours is in. A guy sold one here on trapshoters a while back at a give away price and if you do a search you can see what it was. I wouldn't be a buyer at any price as I would be a shoter and the one on Gunbroker.com that has been shot would be the one I would buy and put a high rib barrel and an Anton stock on it. Good luck if you decide to sell the gun.Jeff

17. skeet_man

as an aside, there is a squad of california skeet shooters that all shoot matching remington 1 of 3000's. One of them has a very nice crack b/w the chamber end of the receiver and the ejection port LOL.

18. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

mia takes the high road again as usual. i have never met mia but consider him a friend and value his opinions on things. lump he seems to have hit the nail on the head. you know it and so does everyone else. i don't say this to be mean or tick you off it's just my take on you. you have some valid things to say but the way you say them rubs people the wrong way. whenever somebody puts a value on something you always tell them they are out of line. if he is out of line it won't sell so if you leave it at that you can have the satisfaction of knowing you were right but didn't tick anyone off by running there stuff down.or just make an offer based on what you feel it is worth.nuff said.

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jeff ... were those auctions that ended done deals or were they auctions that the time ran out and ended in a no sale?

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You cant predict what this gun will bring on gunbroker.com and lots of times people bid their own stuff up or have friends do it-- showing other "auction" results has little bearing

You would need a collector to be interested in this

It would be a hard sell to anyone else for even 500 dollars-- probably because the engraving detacts from normal use as a field gun in a lot of peoples minds

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

le80 gun