1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this? 1962 Grand Shell Box??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by MGeslock, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I found this in a shop. It looks like a 4 box carrier.

I took the photos with my cell phone through the glass.

Any idea what is is worth? It looks like it is in great condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Did they provide these in the shell house? Were they given out as promo items?

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

These were regular paper trap loads. They were the first trap loads to include a plastic wrapped shot charge, which later to lead to an all plastic Winchester AA wad about 1965. That improved AA wad changed shotgunning and reloading forever.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=Holoandoldshellsprimers005-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=WinchesterTrophyShelf.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Hap

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I think I can still smell 'em!!

5. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

This look likes a 4 box carrier. It will hold 4 boxes. If you look at the second photo (I know it is bad), you can see between the "W" and the "X" there is a split. It's like a 6 pack bottle carrier.

OK... I give... why the Corona bottle in the cage...?

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I won that as a side bet between a buddy and I at the grand in Vandalia years back. We wagered a beer on the total 100, I beat him 1 target and didn't get that beer till I visited him in Ca. a couple years later. He presented it to me at the local club and everyone got a big kick out of it. One of my favorite trophy's!

I see what your talking about after looking again. I'd say it was a promotional thing to sell a hundred in a handy carrying pack. Was it for sale or just display? Thanks for posting the picture!

Hap

7. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

MGeslock,
    If you have no interest in buying it, I would like the name and nund location of the shop that has it. I have a 1961 Winchester carrier from the Grand American. I collect these old boxes. Thanks.

Jerry Nickell

8. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

It is for sale here in Fredericksburg, Va in one of the local shops. It was a shop that dealers rent out space and one person oversees the shop.

I think it was $30.00. I will be glad to get a card from the dealer so you can contact him.

9. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I went by yesterday and picked up his card. Burt & Bea Brooks 540-373-4612.

He has several shell boxes, hunting and fishing collectibles.

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Wow, "10% better patterns" - that must have been hard to determine, prove, and justify, eh?.......Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.