1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

what is the TSA rules re.going outside US

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jayusmc, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayusmc

Jayusmc TS Member

what are TSA requirements re taking a shotgun into Canada? I cannot get a clear interpretation?I have a hard sided case with combo locks. do I need to put a chain around the case with a TSA lock? I get many different answers from TSA? I cannot get a clear answer? thanks for help.
  2. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Go to Losttarget.com.

Joe has everything you need to know about taking guns to Canada.
  3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

locking hard case if you're flying. have your permit from customs to bring it back.
  4. perazziuser

perazziuser Member

The TSA doesn't care where you are going. They just want a lockable case "that cannot be easily pried open." The ticket counter cares, though. They will typically look up special restrictions for traveling to x,y,z country before checking you in.

Jeff Holguin
  5. DB Bill

DB Bill Member

odon't need a Custom's form (it isn't a permit) to bring things back into the US, the form simply shows you owned it before you left and didn't buy it overseas -- hence you don't need to pay import duty.

YOu should have anything of value you take with you listed on it and signed by a Custom's Agent before you leave. I have several that include any gun I'd take outside the country including any optics such as a scope of binoculars, I also have several that list my cameras and lenses and any thing high-value item like a watch.

Once the customs officers see you holding one of them in your hands they tend to give you the quick once-over and wave you through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.