1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the results of the New trap year Meeting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gunner53, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner53

gunner53 TS Member

What has been decided on the new year for Trapshooting is it staying as it has been or is it going to the new system?

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Meeting was last night, I would have thought someone would know by now.

3. SR1

SR1 TS Member

The target yr ends Oct.31 2008 new yr starts Nov.1 2008 ends Aug.31 2009.The '09-'10 yr starts Sept.1 2009.I got this info straight from my sate del. this morning.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

By a vote of (as I remember) 32 to 23 the BOD last night set the 2009 target year to begin 1 November 2008 and end 31 August 2009.

The 2010 target year will begin 1 September 2009 and continue until 31 August 2010. Subsequent years will begin 1 September and end 31 August.

The targets required to avoid penalty classification at the 2009 Grand American will start counting at the close of this year's Grand and will accumulate until Grand Week, 2009.

In the discussion prior to the vote, it was made clear that states and Satellite Grands are fee to establish any standards which will best suit the interests of shoot management and their member-shooters.

Neil

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

So why screw around with changing it only for 2009.

I do not understand.

I am in need of an explanation.

Thanks,

Don

6. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Don,

It is not just for 2009. Neil stated "The 2010 target year will begin 1 September 2009 and continue until 31 August 2010. Subsequent years will begin 1 September and end 31 August".

Dr. Honk

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

This new decision is nearly as stupid as the one that was ram-rodded through at last year's meeting.

Sad to hear (but not really all that surpising) that logic and common sense were not heeded by the BOD.

So THIS YEAR the northern clubs who throw targets into October will be penalized by having no one show up as they don't count for 'next year' but then the following year it goes back to what it was and should have been left at??

The ATA is only shooting themselves in the foot by this nonsense.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Tim

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This will help the clubs shooting before the target year ends and the shooters needing fall targets for next year.

"The targets required to avoid penalty classification at the 2009 Grand American will start counting at the close of this year's Grand and will accumulate until Grand Week, 2009."

Thanks to the 32 who came to their senses and a big up your nose to the 23 that didn't.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Nice compromise... can't please everyone and appears a couple dozen weren't, but for us up North, the change back will end the potential burden of having to compile targets into just four months.

Thank you.

Jay Spitz

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have frequently stated that I believe the change made last year was a mistake. This year, it appears as if the mistake was recognized and rectified in a way that will only cause some hardships for one year. We can live with that.

Pat Ireland

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Absolutely amazing everyone cried big Crocodile tears until they got their way, Now that they have their way they are still bitching!!!!!

Try to understand it is a slight problem for one year then everyone of the whiners gets their way. Is one season so hard to take that you have to constantly complain?????????????????

Bob Lawless

12. ivanhoe

JDSENIOR please don't start about majority and errors of last year those are opinions not facts.

You asked "but what about the scores? I assume not and we'll start with a clean slate on Nov. 1 but I haven't seen that addressed specifically."

Personally I do not know what you are referring to when you say "scores". Above Neil wrote "By a vote of (as I remember) 32 to 23 the BOD last night set the 2009 target year to begin 1 November 2008 and end 31 August 2009." now no one told me but I interpret that to mean. If we are now in the 2008 target year and the the 2009 target year doesn't start until November 1, of 2008. I would have to think all the targets shot between now and November 1 , are in the current year. They count toward Grand requirements but are part of the 2008 year.

I honestly believe if there were any other possibilities Neil would have explained it differently as what I have said here is a given as far as I am concerned.

You asked me "I'm trying to understand what it is you interpret as whining and bitching." All I can say to that is read what Neil has posted apply a little common sense. Then read what some of the others are saying about what was voted last year. As an example this is one that particularly aggravates me.

"This new decision is nearly as stupid as the one that was ram-rodded through at last year's meeting."

Now ask yourself what more does the person that wrote this want? Does he want the change to be immediate if so what logic would motivate anyone to change the rule within the target year. If that starts happening what would be next? Maybe change the classification system or the handicap system the week before the Grand?

Once a rule is made it must remain in place until the target year ends then a new rule or a change to an existing rule can be changed but not in the middle of the target year. Anyone with an ounce of common sense should understand that without having to have it explained to them.

If those that are complaining and whining would take the time to think before they cry I wouldn't feel the need to write what I did. Of course some would rather complain than be thankful for what they have.

Bob Lawless

13. ivanhoe

Lets say that next July 1, 2009 a new shooter joins the ATA. Does he have to rejoin on Sept 1, 2009 or will he be credited with the months of July and August???????????????????

Did they get credit last year or the year before or the one before that?

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.