1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the pissing contest between Triple B and M

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lew, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lew

Lew TS Member

I know this isn't about Trap but you guys know all.
    I recieved an email from Cory at Moore and Moore Sporting Clays about a scheduling
    problem between them and the 3B's. Are they up to there old tricks or just plain greedy. I have not been there in a while and I know many who don't go there because they are just plain A****les. In SOCAL there in enough to go around in these hard times why can't they be civil.
    I will probally get a rude responce from them about this post and if I do i will post it here for all to see. Thanks, 7.62 Nato

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Enlighten me, I didn't know there was/is a problem between the two. I shoot at both places.

3. Lew

Lew TS Member

Copy of email recieved by me from Moore and Moore

Hello NSCA Shooters,

As the old saying goes, there's always two sides to every story. Here's Moore N Moore's response to the email Billie Barsotti has recently mass-emailed to her customer base. By reading her email, we're lead to believe Moore N Moore's request of additional shoot dates was to spite Triple B Clays but it wasn't. It was purely a matter of protecting our business to avoid future loss of event attendance and hopefully generate more interest in NSCA shooting in Southern California.

While reading this, try to keep in mind that Moore N Moore hosts all of our events, registered and non-registered, on Saturdays so we do not conflict with other local club dates (Triple B and Raahauges host their events on Sundays). Also try to understand that there's almost always an alternative weekend to hold shoots that do not conflict with other club events.

Moving on, please know that two months ago Joe Kennedy, CSCA Secretary/Treasurer, sent an email to all California NSCA clubs notifying us of available dates for 2011. The 1st Saturday is one of these available dates and since our NSCA fun shoots have become our best attended monthly event, we naturally decided to add another NSCA date on all 1st Saturdays for 2011. This request was approved by the CSCA and none of the other local club owners, including Mrs. Barsotti, had an issue with this request until recently.

So where's the part about protecting our business? Please continue reading.

Before July 4th 2010, Triple B decided to switch the date of their normally scheduled Sunday Fun Shoot on July 4th to Sat July 10th, therefore conflicting with Moore N Moore's non-registered Club Lead event. I then contacted the new manager, Jeff Maiorino, regarding this rescheduling issue. I expressed to him that we've always had a shoot on this date for many years and that by recklessly rescheduling his NSCA shoots, he was hurting his attendance as well as mine. I was assured that this was a simple oversight and that it would never happen again. He additionally assured me that he will try to be more mindful of other club schedules in the future.

With that said, I can understand that it was July 4th and its somewhat logical to reschedule, but didn't anyone at Triple B notice they scheduled a fun shoot on Independence Day when they submitted their dates for 2010 to the CSCA?

Somewhere near July 12th (about 5 days after speaking with Jeff), Triple B blasts an email that their 2-day, So Cal Championship shoot would cover Sat, July 31st (Moore N Moore's Mulligun 391 fun shoot) and Sun, August 1st. At the time of this announcement, the So Cal Championship wasn't even on Triple B's website calendar, nor was it on the CSCA website calendar. So we absorbed another beating attendance wise since many of our customers prioritize NSCA registered shoots over non-registered.

September arrives and once again, the folks at Triple B Clays forgot that they've scheduled a fun shoot on Sept 5th. So what do they do? That's right! They reschedule their fun shoot to a Saturday on top of Moore N Moore's Club Lead fun shoot. Their reasoning? Because it's too close to Sept 1st, the opening day of Dove season. Last time I checked, Dove season always opens on September 1st. I'll say it again, "Why not reschedule this date at the beginning of the year when everyone must submit their dates to the CSCA"? Are calendars that confusing?

Frustrated, I make another call to Jeff Maiorino in order to rectify this problem since there are other weekend days in September that are free of conflict. Again, I'm told by Jeff that he and Billie have gotten their lines crossed. He then states he will call me back and work with me to find a solution. No callback was ever made by Jeff, Billie or anyone else at Triple B Clays.

So, in order to protect our events from casual scheduling failures by Triple B's management, we requested all Saturdays for NSCA events in 2011. This would encompass our already existing non-registered shoots thus making them registered. To those reading this who own businesses, wouldn't you be inclined to do the same? Would you consistently lose revenue, however minimal, due to their lack of attention to detail?

It seems that after shaking the proverbial tree, the leadership at Triple B Clays are finally paying close attention to calendar details and after just two months were able to compile enough data to discover that no dates will be available for 2-day shoots in 2011. Well that's not entirely true. Weeks ago, by phone, I had promised the CSCA to be flexible and give Triple B Clays their six new multiple-day events that would conflict with our 1st Saturday dates.

In fact, two days ago on September 25th, before Mrs. Barsotti's mass-email had been sent, I requested to the CSCA that we wanted to surrender plans of 1st Saturday NSCA shoots but in return taking 2nd, 3rd and last Saturdays in the interest of the local shooters and maintaining club harmony as suggested by Mr. Kennedy.

I hope this clarifies the situation. If anything is unclear or if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to me at this email address. It looks like 2011 is going to be a great year for NSCA shooting in Southern California. We wish everyone the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

billie barsotti