1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the main difference in a BT-99 an BT-100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Excluding the latest run of BT-99s..what is the main differences between the older BT-99s and the BT-100s..

Comments on the old BT Plus guns are welcome also..

I noticed in one pic that a BT-100 seemed to have a much higher rib than my 1982 BT-99. Did all the BT-100s have very tall ribs?(...well maybe not "very" tall by today's standards ??).

Thanks..Stan

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

100's have removable triggers. Rib heights on 99's. vavy widely. There is one series of 99's that have ribs that make them 90-100% POI shooters.

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

there is 3 different rib heigths on the bt100 also..dwain

4. StansCustoms

I wonder if the adjustable LOP trigger on the BT-100 could be installed on the BT-99..? I have my gun apart right now...so this would be a good time to do it if it can...and I need a little longer LOP...

Stan...

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Stan,

I don't believe it can. They are completely different types.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

There was a small number of guns made called the BT-99 Max which had the same high rib as the BT-100 but the normal BT-99 trigger not removable.

7. Borderland

Borderland Member

The biggest and best difference is the detachable trigger which also has adjustment for pull weight and eject or not option. I have both an older BT99 (which is a fine SBT) and a BT100. The rib is much higher on the BT100 but that does not always translate to a higher POI.. As far as I know hardly any parts would interchange between them (except Invector + chokes if both were so equipped)

8. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Not all of the BT-100's have the selectable eject/extract feature. The satin finish guns are extract only.

Pat

9. StansCustoms

Thank you gentlemen..

I assumed (wrongly) that the BT-100 was just a Bt-99 with a few odd and end modifications. Sounds like nothing really is the same...aside from thw chokes as was mentionned.

Surprisingly to me is that the BT-99 is likely the nicer of the two...I'm pleased that I stumbled across a "nice" older gun instead of buying a later model as I planned originally.

Thanks....Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bt 99 bt 100 difference
bt-99 part differences

difference between bt 99 and bt 100

differences in bt-99 models

what is a bt100

what is the difference between bt 99 and bt 100