1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the difference between XT and Ultra XT?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Can anybody please explain what the difference is between a regular Browning XT and an Ultra XT? Do they even make an Ultra XT anymore? Thanks Huntinandhotrods

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The XT is just the newer model.

3. Lyle

Lyle Member

The difference is that I have shot 100 straight in doubles with the Ultra and I have not with the newer XT.

Lyle

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

IIRC I think it was some sort of copyright infringement when it was the Ultra XT.

Browning dropped that and now it is just XT.

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I looked at an older Ultra XT and it did not have the palm swell on the buttstock, like the XT. However, it could have been an aftermarket stock, but I don't think it was.

John

6. slick50

slick50 Member

The story I heard was that Gillette sued Browning for the use of the name Ultra because they were releasing an Ultra razor at that time and had already secured rights to the name "Ultra". When Browning was made aware of it they just droped the Ultra from their product as part of the law suit. I don't think there is any difference in the earilier Ultra and the later XT.

7. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

There is no difference in the Ultra XT and the XT. The Ultra's were the earlier XT's but browning had to drop the Ultra due to some legal issues regarding the use of Ultra in the name. I think it was due to the fact that another firearm manufacture used the term Ultra in the name of one of their firearms so browning could not for what ever reason.

8. porky

porky TS Member

I thought that the Ultra was a XS and that was was a patented name of onother company and that is why we now have the XT model. Same gun, different name. Sort of like Chinese resturants. Everytime the Board of health cites them for bugs or something, they change the resturant name.

9. nascarfan888

nascarfan888 TS Member

Thiniking about getting an XT you guys think its a good gun overall. want to get a point of impact like 60/40 to 70/30

10. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Ultra XT's do not have the palmswell stock and the adjustable comb models have the good adjusting hardware. Not the stupid thru the buttpad POS on the later Brownings.

11. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I had an early Ultra XT. It didn't have the palmswell and had the good adjustable comb hardware. It also did not have the adjustable/interchangable trigger the later models have.
    Pat Haskins

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

My Ultra does have a palm swell but did not have the adjustable trigger shoe setup.
    The adjustable is a totally different trigger guard, longer inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt trap did they make it in 2010