1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what is the difference between ata gun and bunker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hmb, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bunker guns are usually flat shooting O/Us, choked full and full or IM and full. HMB

2. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

I shot a P Bunker gun a couple of Sundays ago at wobble. 30" barrels, bottom fixed IM. and top flush chokes (he had xtra full in). Barrels were light and moved exceptionally well. He had won a bronze at the olympics in bunker and he likes the set-up. It's a flat shooter.

3. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I found this website helpful.

http://www.shootingbunker.com/

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

bunker guns look like shotguns, some of the trap guns.................???

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What barrel lengths are bunker guns?

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

A typical bunker gun is 30" choked about .25/.35 with flat rib with barrel weitght of 1.55 kg.

Tom

7. drbortone

drbortone Member

Not all Bunker guns are flat POI the can be as high as 70:30 but most prefer a 60:40. Also the new bunker guns Perazzi MX2008 (the one I shoot) PMX2005 are high rib (this is the new movement in Europe). See the picture below of Jesus Serrano of Spain who uses an MX2008 in the World Cup in Cairo. The barrels are much shorter than the ATA guns - 29 1/2 inches or 75-76 cm is preferred. Loads are also very different we shoot 24 gram loads less than 7/8 oz as compared to the heavy loads used in ATA trap 1 1/8 oz. Bunker load speeds can be in the range of 1325-1400 fts (lots of kinetic energy but ligh recoil).
    I hope this helps.

[​IMG]

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

so sporting guns like K80s and Kolars would be too cumbersome and slow for bunker?

9. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

I shoot a K80 with 30" bbls, a sporting 10-6 rib , with 60/40 on 1st bbls. Most shoot Perazzi & a few berettas & brownings.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have seen videos of Olympic events where the guns looked very strange. One had a 1/2 rib which was very high, almost like some of the old Ljutic Space guns. The rib started in the middle of the barrel (lengthwise) and extended to the muzzle. It was at least 4 inches high.

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Double Trap guns have the extremely high ribs such as shown in the above photo however not many people have successfully shot the High rib guns in competition. There have been some success with the K80 but little.

TB

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If I only had the money.....

One at Mason would be fun...

13. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Anyone shoot a cynergy at bunker? I have not shot one, but they swing "lighter" than a citori, imo. The sleek profile would look at home on the OT line.

K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.