1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best way....

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by tomc66, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

0   0   0

What is the best way to ship a shotgun to a FFL dealer? UPS? Postoffice? FedEx?
    Are there any special requirements to ship a shotgun? Any recommendations you might have as to shipping?

2. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

They are all a roll of the dice. To be honest, I would shy away from USPS because getting reimbursed for loss or damage is harder than climbing Mt. Everest. Plus they have the worst tracking system in the business. I like Fedex, if it is a short distance the ground service is fine.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I have used both UPS and FedEx. FedeX Ground is a little less than UPS Ground but I have more confidence in UPS. All the big guys (Briley, Caesar Guerini, etc.) use UPS. Make sure you specify a signature at delivery and take it to a staffed UPS service counter. You will need to tell them it contains a firearm

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

When I shipped my old Ljutic to the Factory for a rebuild I used USPS Priority Insured. Shipped in a plastic case packaged in heavy cardboard box. Plastic case completely destroyed, gun OK. I gathered complete documentation on case cost and age and filed a claim online. Payment in full arrived in my mail box two working days later. It was hard to believe but the check cleared (LOL). I have had terrible luck trying to collect claims from UPS & Fed-X.

Word of caution: Fed-X rules state that unless you have an account with them they will not accept a firearm shipment. Most agents (pkg shipping stores) are unaware of this and will accept shipment. Question is, what if you have a damage claim? Marc

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Laurence Pylinski shipped me a barrel he had done work on via UPS. Insured for 2000.00 . He shipped in flimsy cardboard container. I recieved it crushed, told the driver. He said o well file a claim . Called Pylinski and UPS.UPS denied the claim,Pylinski said he never had this happen before.Saw him face to face at the Fla State Shoot, he was unconserned, couldnt care less.I`am out a 2000.00 barrel. Next recourse is a lawyer. Wont use either ever again.Mike

6. Firewater

Firewater Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I failed to mention the barrel was bent. Top shot about about 16 ins. to the right of bottom barrel.Mike

7. Firewater

Firewater Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree with Joe. Mike

8. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

I wouldn't let the USPS ship a box of dog biscuits. I have had 5 different claims all denied for payment. Including two items that were stolen while in there care. Both were insured and had there delivery confirmation. They told me I needed to show them proof of shipping. I even had a letter from my local post master and they still denied me. UPS on the other hand had cash in my hand in less than a week. I have no faith in USPS. Sure some people have good success and other don't. Marc, out of curioisty did they (USPS) pay your claim on the ljutic I sent you that was damaged?

9. Firewater

Firewater Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

How did you get ups to pay? they just denied the claim. I sent alot of pictures and alot of explaing .They just said there was nothing summited to change their mind.The barrel was not bent when they got it but the package was crushed when I got it and the barrel bent.They said nothing proved they did it, but they took the insurance money when it was shipped. Looks like pylinski would have testified the barrel was straight when he shipped it , and help me try and to recover something but he just says ups denied the claim and nothing he can do. Mike

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Just like smokin joe says. USPS always and never had a problem. Mike.

11. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Catching Chrome,

If you are referring to the damaged stock, YES. The estimate you supplied from your stock guy really helped.

Thanks, Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.