1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best way to determine gun values?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brian meyerhofer, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I have to come up with a value of my gun collection for insurance coverage. What is the best way to determine how much my guns are worth without taking all of them to get appraised? Is there a place that I can look online? Most are not in production any more so I can't even find new prices.

2. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

bluebook of gun values.

3. DocJim

DocJim Member

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Blue book will give you a calculated value, Gunbroker will tell you what people are actually bidding.

Sometimes a Blue book value can be understated. Or overstated. I like to check the actual market.

HM

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you want to take the time you can go to gunbroker.com go into smart search bring up the completed auctions after listing each of your guns seperately. This will tell you what people are paying for the guns and not what someone thinks they are worth. Or go to the blue book and get the possibly higher amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is the best way to determine gun values