1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best re-coil reducer on the market

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pens1992, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pens1992

pens1992 TS Member

Hi whats the best re-coil reducer on the market My son has a soft touch on his bt-99 I'm looking to put one on my bt 100 have looked at the RAD system Graycoil and the Bumpbuster any thoughts Thanks Don

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've shot guns with just about every recoil system around and hands down the best is the Bumpbuster. It can be linked to the comb (like a soft touch) or just installed on the end of the stock like a Gracoil. It doesn't seem to effect the center of balance like some of the others, and is fully adjustable along with being rebuildable. I like what Ken has designed.

My second choice would be the G squared system.

Just my opinion and not the gospel.

ec90t

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

less shot and a properly fitted stock rate way up there!
    Joe

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I like 1 oz. loads, with green dot.........they are soft!

tony

5. kolartarget

kolartarget Member

Pat Mcarthys lok stok

6. Snooky

Snooky Member

I had a Gracoil on a K-80, a G-square on a Browning 425, a soft touch on a Beretta 391, and a Clyde Slide on my Perazzi. Hands down is the Clyde Slyde. Simply can't beat it for performance or price, in my opinion. Second would be the G-square.

Snooky

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Gunfitter said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

What Gunfitter and Kenent said, nothing beats a stock that fits and a reasonable load. Added stock and forend weight works as well as any reducer I've tried, for one that belts you. JW

9. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Clyde slyde,1/3 the cost of a soft touch and are as trouble free as they come.Jerry

10. zinger

zinger Member

Precision Fit Stock!

11. t-bar

t-bar Member

Soft Touch

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've had the Stock Lock, RAD, Gra-coil, and Soft Touch. Prefer the Soft Touch, but the Clyde Slyde and Bumpbuster are probably as good.

13. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i think my duaghter wud attest- soft touch by shooters emporium- the best-
    the comb travels with the system as to not rub on the cheek!! and it looks great too!!! <

14. old tex

old tex TS Member

Vern Brown's PFS hands down!

15. clyslr

clyslr Member

PFS will adjust to fit you properly...That will reduce felt recoil an amazing amount!
    Then you can remove more recoil with the internal reducer! WOW !

ClaySlayer

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

While I agree that the PFS is a great tool for the reduction of recoil it has one drawback. A person that hard mounts a gun will not get along with it very well unless they adjust their mount. The system flexes a bit from front to back. This is more noticeable on the newer style versus the older style that doesn't offer as much offset.

Vern is a great guy to deal with that's for sure! He helped me out a bunch when I had mine.

I'm just glad we have a lot of great systems to choose from.

ec90t

17. Fisher

Fisher Member

I own 3 softouch recoil systems on varoius guns. the service at shooters emporium is very good. The turn-around time is very fast, usually less than a week. They are not cheap, but I think a good value for the money. Anodized finish on unit really looks good on gun. If you think you are going to shoot a particular gun for a long time, and run a lot of shells through it, the money spent is cheap insurance compared to developing a bad flinch. I definitely would reccomend them.

18. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Bry has always liked his RAD system that was installed by Greg Hissem. We put one on his Beretta when he was 12 to reduce the recoil and he has one on his Perazzi now. We have never regretted the money put into that system. Hope this is a help to you and your son.

19. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have shot all of them with the exception of the new one that Phil Simms is currently making. I like the Soft Touch best.
    Don

20. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I've installed Soft Touch systems on 6 shotguns & 1 rifle (cal .375 H&H). It has allowed me to shoot more than I would otherwise have been able to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jw shotgun recoil reduction