1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best one oz load?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I know that this has been discussed over and over but a friend whose daughter has gotten very interested in shooting and is quite good, asked me the question. He gave these parameters so please fill in the blanks. He is using AAHS hulls, claybuster wads and Nobel primers. What powder would you recommend and how many grains. His daughter is shooting a Beretta 686 SP I sold him and she loves it with no complaints of kick.(She's a pretty big girl at 15) I recommended one oz loads for both trap and sporting clays and possibly 7/8 oz for skeet. Thanks for your help and response. Jackie B.

2. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

I use 17grs 700x cb1100 wad win 209 pr 16,hd,dbls Henry

3. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

sorry 1oz of 8's yr around in ohio Henry

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I use 16.5 gr. of Nitro 100, Downrange XL-1 wad, and Cheddite primers.

Tim

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I use 17 to 17.3 grains of Promo, CB1100 wad, AA or Cheddite primer. 1150 to 1180 fps. 1 ounce of 8's or 8 1/2's from 16. Switch to 7 1/2 on handicap. Soft shooting.

6. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

16.2-16.6 Clays powder for both the 7/8 & 1oz. I use a REM TGT for 1oz & AA Gray wad for 7/8. AA or STS hulls,Win 209 primer. Want a better one than that 10z. Fed Gold Medal,Fed 209A primer,Fed SO wad,18.8-19.0 PB. This is the 2nd lightest recoil 1 oz load I have ever found in 47 yrs of reloading. Lightest???
    Fed paper,S-3 wad,up the PB 1/2-1 grain. Yup,it is expensive!!!! And how much is a round of trap??? And how much is a round of SC??? And how much is a box of shells??? And how much is a gallon of gas to get there??? Yup,save yourself a few pennies using the very cheapest aftermarket junk componants you can buy. Great move!!!!

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

So many to choose from. I like Hodgdon Clays, but 700X, Titewad, Claydot, Red Dot, Winchester AALite, and a host of others will work fine.

With Clays, about 16 to 17 grains will be perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1 oz skeet load using pb

best 1 oz skeet load

best 1oz trap loads
the best 1oz trap load
what is the best oz load for trap