1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???? What is the best made single trap gun ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steven, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven

Steven TS Member

Looking to buy a new single trap gun. Who makes the best? Money no object!

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Silver Seitz

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

While there are several about equally excellent , the Bowen is the standout in my opinion.

Neil

4. dws

dws TS Member

I would take a serious look at the Infinity. For me, and I don't own one but would "LIKE TO" one very nice feature is that it will be "FIT TO YOU" so the custom stock/fit is included in the price and that is quite a bonus considering you are getting a life time gun vs buying a gun and then dealing with having to make it fit which is additional $

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Kolar

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Is there any gun made with less parts than the Cole? I would have to put it around the top. I do like a gun that opens with a top lever. And yes, I own one for back up, but shoot a P gun. Ray.......

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I do not see how one could go wrong with the Silver Sietz. The Bowen is also a great gun. As is the Cole. I have either for sale on my website.
    Don

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

SKB 85TSS or 85TRR Unsingle, a 1/4 of the cost of the Big names but all the features....

regardds

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Hands down---the Infinity.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have an Infinity, so I'm prejudiced. Look down the barrels of a Seitz, Alfermann, Bowen, & Infinity--compare the concentrics. Look at the mono block, simple & strong. Compare what is needed to remove the trigger. Compare the lock times (I can't shoot a trigger as fast as it came from Dennis yet). Compare how the stock is attached to the receiver. Compare the fitting process & finally compare customer service & the availability to talk with the people who made your gun.

Best bang for the buck out there.

Phil Berkowitz

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Another vote for Bowen

12. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I guess you need to define what "best" means to you. Best status symbol? Most reliable? Easiest to maintain by yourself? Most available options? ....

All of them will crush targets. There are two guys in my locale against whom I would never bet against - one shoots a Seitz, the other an old 870 straight stock trap.

If money is no object - hopefully neither is time. Shoot all the big name guns you can get your hands on and see what "feels" best to you and shoot it. That is the best gun.

Joe

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Shoot them all and pick the one that feels like an extension of yourself. That is why I bought a Kolar. Bill Malcolm

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

And, I of course, like my Perazzi...

15. Urbans

Urbans Member

Alfermann, they will fit the gun & wood to you, so you have exactly what you think that you need. Give them a call and ask them a few questions, they just want for you to be happy & satisfied!!!

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Write this day down.. I agree with Neil.. Bruce Bowen pays more time to finish of things that don't need to be finished then any other trap gun as we know it today.. However I am a big Seitz fan..and Cole fan.. The Alfermann is beautifully made as well..and their trigger is the only hammer trigger of improved design.. The Mach1 is fantastic too but the method of opening the gun did not work for me. The Perazzi is simple and easy..and sports the most adjustable Dynamics which will help many shooters.. The question should be asked to you.. What DYNAMICS are you looking for???? I say this.. because as I get older.. I don't want a 9 to 11 pound trapgun..which leaves you the Titanium Seitz. IMHO..it has no rival in dynamics except the Cole I made in Titanium.. ALL of the above are GREAT shotguns..but vary in balance and Dynamics. The gun that fits your style of shooting..and puts you in the winners circle is the best.. The rest just does not matter.. Now.. if you just want bragging rights..and can't shoot.. but want to sport the gun that will impress people by the price.. Get Fabbri to build you a SBT gun..It will probably cost in excess of $100,000 EURO.. and comes with full bragging rights.I don't think any other gun comes close as far as fit and finish go. The gun is made like a fine Swiss watch. totally by hand.. It's what you get when money is no object..

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Anything that breaks all the targets. If I could break-em-all with a Mossberg, that would be the best trap gun. However I can't. Ergo, I shoot a Ljutic. The battleship of trap guns.

18. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

I have shot my Perazzi for years........ But if I was to sell my gun and jump ship...I would buy a Infinity. Very nice "Well BUILT" Trap gun. Can't find a better guy to do business with than Dennis De Vault.

19. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Silver Seitz, you won't find nicer people to deal with than Ritchie or Jerry the gun is made to last a lifetime.The pattern in there guns are excellent, if you shoot a release they make the very best.Bill Parker

20. KS user

KS user TS Member

Haven't seen many problems with a ljutic,or a krieghoff.Pretty reliable pieces.I own a KS5,and absolutely love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best gun for singles trap

best trap gun made
bestshotgunfortrapshootingsingles
infinity trap gun
what is the best gun for single trap