1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Best Butt Pad for Me?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I am about to install my own adjustable butt plate on my BT and am looking for a new butt pad to put on it. I would like it as thin as possible (1/2" to 5/8" or something similar). I've been cruising the internet, but there are so many I don't know which ones are really the better ones. Whatever pad I get will need to have a hole cut through it for my adjustable plate. Any help is greatly appreciated, Josh.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like both Kick Ezz and Gooey Pads. I now prefer the concave shape bot not too long ago, I favored the convex shape. Josh, I suspect you would be pleased with any of the above combinations.

Pat Ireland

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thanks for the help. Where can I find Gooey pads? Haven't looked anywhere but Midway and a quick Google search, so if you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Josh

4. KS user

KS user TS Member

You can find gooey pads at trapdude.com.

5. tdaws1032

tdaws1032 TS Member

I agree, Gooey pads are the best way to go. I tried to order one yesterday and the web site is down. I called the company and they said the person in charge will not be back for at least one week. They will take down your info and he will call you when you get back. Just wanted to let you know.

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

brownells may be another place to check.

tony

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Why so thin? Cut that wood and put one on that soaks up some recoil.

8. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

The new pachmayr pad is the best I've used.

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I would like to try a smaller pad before I try to find a way to cut my stock. Plus, I really don't need much recoil reduction as the gun is. I'm switching from a Morgan adjustable with the curved pad to my built adjuster and just need a good pad to go onto it. Thanks for the help, Josh.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Put the pad in the freezer overnight before you drill a hole in it. Comes out neater...or put it outside, depending upon where you live right now.

11. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Live in Iowa so that wouldn't be too difficult...The last pad I cut a hole through, I just cut a piece of .223 brass and sharpened the edge, stuck it in a drill and cut right through. I think I've decided on the 3/4" Gooey pad. I'll have to set up a jig to cut my stock down before trap starts again this year as it will be too long I think, unless This pad and adjuster just work. Thanks, Josh.

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It "Depends"

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Josh- Gooey Pads are great, but like most things there are a few negatives along with all of the good things. Gooey Pads tend to be a little sticky and can actually stick to some surfaces. They also gather dirt and can be very difficult to clean. This is not intended to be a negative post about these fine pads. I just intended to point out some negative things I have observed. None of these things bother me much. I can take a new Gooey Pad out of the box and have it fitted to my stock in about 3 minutes. I have learned how to do this on the bench at the club while waiting for a squad to finish their round.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best butt pad for trap shooting

bigger butt forum pad