1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is still considered nearly new ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Am looking at a trap gun that is under five years old and less than 10,000 registered rounds fired through it.

The seller is saying that it should be considered the same as new.

There are no defects in it any more than would be normal handling in a gun store by potential buyers and lookers.

How old and how many rounds need to be fired through a gun before you would not call it "nearly new" during the sales process ?

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

"New" is sitting in the dealer's rack, unfired. "Nearly new" is whatever you want it to be. All in the eyes of the beholder...

cap

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Tell the seller that he should invest in a dictionary then to look up the meaning of the words "new" and "liar".

5 years and 10K rounds is nowhere near NEW. It might be nice and clean, but "new" is the last adjective to be using about it.

PS - Get a picture of the receiver face. 10K registered targets means at least that many more that were practice.

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

If you are buying,its nearly new. Selling its pretty well used. Clyde

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Amen. Snake oil only lubes one thing, and it's not the gun.

HM

6. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Many seller try to rate their firearms at 100% but the definition of 100% according to the blue book is new in box never sold at retail.

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Reminds me of an old girlfriend who told me that "technically" she was a virgin when she got married. I didn't have the nerve to ask her what the heck that meant, but, ever since, when I hear someone use a "qualifier" like nearly new, as new in box, minty, or technically speaking...I gotta remember Jill. Regards, Ed

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

New, Not fired and no box. NIB (New In Box) that is a new gun never fired in the factory box. Near New, fired a few times and put in the gun safe and never touched.

5 years is not a problem but the fact it was fired 10,000 round is another thing. Now its used. That to me is like a garaged car that is 5 years old but has 10,000 miles. Take 25% off the asking price or more and drop the CASH(GREEN MONEY) on the table and see if it touches or bounces once before he grabs it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.