1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is right or wrong with Ljutics???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

drexel I don,t know were you got the LOST POPULARITY thing . You must remember LJutic is very small and do not make alot of guns only very good guns . I have two or three on the line with me at most registerd shoots and see alot of them in the racks . I have shot five or six LJutic guns over the years and never a problem . The gun is alittle heavy and is not for everyone . It looks like LJutic is up to the price of all the rest of the custom guns so take yor pick .

KEYBEAR

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Take a look at the newer Higher priced single barrel shotguns, someone must have liked the Ljutic style as most have copied one or more of the Ljutic features or shape, I've always felt Al Ljutic should be receiving a Royalty fee from these companys. glenn

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The golden rule of Ljutics is buy them cheap because you will have to sell them cheaper! I've never been foolhardy enough to buy one. I've watched enough people take a bath on them! Not everyone has had the same experience, just everyone that I know.

ec90t

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Let's see, I won two state singles titles with my mono. (VA, NC) One State handicap and one runner up (NC) Ran 768 strait singles targets with one in the late 90s. At least 30 honorary yards from the 27 yard line. A Zone HOA, State HOA (3) At least 7 200's I can think of. A wheel barrow full of trophies from clubs around the country.

... there must be something wrong withthose Ljutic shotguns. I just can't figure out what!

Shooting a Silver Seitz at the moment but my Mono gun is still in the case in the safe. When targets got higher my 80/20 LJUTIC was a bit flat so I switched to Seitz (110%)

Who knows the next one might be another Ljutic.

Bob

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

ec90t seems correct. I love the gun but its resale is poor - in my limited experience.

6. kgp

kgp TS Member

Wrong:
    Finish doesn't hold up
    Plain looking
    No affordable o/u or combo

Right:
    You can have one custom built for a lot less than comparable guns
    They will never wear out
    Quality of materials and machining is second to none
    Excellent trigger
    Nice wood and checkering

Ken

7. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

It depends on if you are buying a gun to resell or but the gun to shoot. If you are buying it to shoot you don't have to buy extra triggers to carry with you , or have the barrel fixed to shoot a good pattern, and all the other things that shooters think they need to carry with them. I have shot one for years and it never let me down. The problem with the Ljutic ( if they are loosing popularity ) is the cost is too low , if they sold it for $ 13,000.00 it would be more popular. Most people won't know what I'm talking about but I bet Bob Schultz does. I have had the monos, stainless ones, 35" barrelled ones, but have always went back to my #9** and it is older than dirt.

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Except for the Dynokic, they feel very heavy and bulky, compared to lets say a Beretta or Perazzi. At one time I thought I really wanted a new Stainless Ljutic I saw. It looked great, but did not feel as nice as many others, so I lost my need for one after I shot it. AND, everybody is correct about taking a bath if you ever have to sell one used. BUT, they are built like a tank!

9. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Bob Wrote:

-Let's see, I won two state singles titles with my mono. (VA, NC) One State handicap and one runner up (NC) Ran 768 strait singles targets with one in the late 90s. At least 30 honorary yards from the 27 yard line. A Zone HOA, State HOA (3) At least 7 200's I can think of. A wheel barrow full of trophies from clubs around the country.

... there must be something wrong withthose Ljutic shotguns. I just can't figure out what!-

Come on Bob you know its not the gun but the gunner!

Hawk,

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

I dont know why but whenever I see the Ljutic my mind reads it as lunatic and there aint nothin wrong with lunatics.

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

My statement was not a slam to the quality of a Ljutic. It just seems that have poor resale value.

As far as quality goes, that is another story. Any gun maker that would try to pass off polished metal for stainless steel, doesn't get my vote either. A guy at the local gun club bought a new stainless Ljutic. It turns out the only thing that was stainless was the reciever. He shot it a few times and noticed that it was starting to develope rust on the barrel. The barrel was polished steel and not stainless. The gun was sent back to Ljutic and rebarreled. I saw this first hand and so did a lot of people in the central Indiana area.

ec90t

12. skip

skip Member

Don't know anything about Ljutics can't even spell or pronounce Ljutic, what’s up with the letter "J" ?

I do know there are many stainless alloys that will look like they are rusting because they contain carbon steel alloys added for strength. Not an issue, cosmetic only. I'm referring to through hull bulkhead devices and underwater acoustic mounting platforms on U.S. Submarines.

Some stainless steel is magnetic, you can’t always go by the magnet test either.

Dive! Dive! Ah-oooga! Ah-oooga!

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ljutic is a fine shotgun. Some may not like the weight. Some may not like the appearance. Some may not like the way they open. The same thing can be said for any gun. Mechanically, it is difficult to find an equal to Ljutic.

Pat Ireland

14. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Your right, a Ljutic is not for everyone but for me I love it! One of the reasons why I bought mine was the weight (I like a heavy gun)Who cares what it looks like. In my last 10 shoots, I have won 7 events with this gun, also I had 2 guys shooting next to me with other guns and both of them had to change their triggers our becuase of broke springs. I just said to them, If they had a Ljutic they wouldn't have that problem.

Gary

15. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

The Ljutic I have now is my second. I sold one I bought brand new when I got away from shooting trap for a few years. When I got back into registered trap seriously, the first thing I did was start looking for another Ljutic. They are almost indistructable. I often hear shooters of other brands saying they just have to have their tune-up every year, or only have to replace springs every once in a while. Ljutics will fire hundreds of thousands of rounds without being touched.

I have another Ljutic now, and you can bury me with this one. I won't be stupid enough to sell it or quit shooting trap again.

Jim

16. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

My question is about the chamber, why is it that these cheap shells work well in my Perazzi and yet stick in the Ljutic? I'm not knocking the Ljutic and I too have been told by Nadine to only use "good" shells in their guns. Can the chamber be opened just a hair to allow these cheaper steel rimmed shell to eject. I resize the steel rimmed hulls and as above have never had one stick in the Perazzi but almost every time my Ljutic and I have cleaned and scrubed the chamber. Thanks, Jerry

17. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Shot a ljutic I bought from Bob Schultz and loved it. Shot the cheap shells and have NEVER had a one stick in the chamber. Decided to buy a seitz JUST BECAUSE. Ljutic got me to the 27 yard line. Great gun. Even had a stainless one and it was ordered with a blued steel barrel and stainless receiver. They make them that way if you want. Nice people and great gun. NEVER had a problem.Only thing I ever did was replace the hammer spring and it probably was not bad but just figure it needed replacing. Motordoc

18. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Skip,

I do know the difference between 300 series and 400 series stainless steel. This particular barrel was made out of "Polished Steel" it was in no way stainless of any sort!

ec90t

19. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I owned a sle pro, got me to the 27yd line, I made a mistake and got a new stock made for it. Never shoot as well as the custom stock that Ljutic made for me. As I shoot a release trigger and cheep shells, I've paid many thousands of $'s to have my p guns brought up to the quality of the Ljutic. In retrospect I just wasn't as passionate about it as the p guns.

20. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

I do believe that the idea behind the Monogun was a break action Model 12. Don't recall how I heard that. Anyways, I love my old, worn Monogun. It is a much better tool than I know how to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.