1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is preferred wad for REM STS 410 hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Em, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Looks like the CF Win AA is a looser fit

Is the HS wad the one to use?

What are folks using?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have used Remington SP410 wads and Claybuster CB5050-410HS wads. No complaints with either. Mark

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'd have to say the Rem factory wad for there own hull would be first choice. I liked the orange PC, as it was cheaper and seemed to work very wells for me. Break-em all. Jeff

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Remington SP-410. It works well in Rem STS and Win HS hulls.

Jim Skeel

5. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Here's another vote for the Rem factory wad. Others may work, but the factory wad has always given me consistent, nice looking and good shooting reloads. They might cost more, but then again, you're not using a whole lot of shot, so you break even.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Tallpaul, They "Might cost more" Yeh about twice as much for a piece of plastic. Its your choice load what you want to. Break-em all. Jeff

7. johnboy

johnboy Member

Will not reload a Remington 410 hull with anything other than a Remington wad. Other wads will not crimp properly ( dished in). If I remember correctly the Remington wad base was just a little taller than Claybuster or Winchester. I shoot AAs which give a good reload with Alliant power and Claybuster or AA wads.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

PC Orange...

Jay

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I use the Federal wad to solve the "dished in" problem. They can be pricey but they work great. Ron

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

And do we worry about the extra cent or two cost for a factory wad when looking at what it cost to shoot this game. Let alone the $4.00 gallon of gas to get there. How many less factory wads can you buy for that $4.00. The hull manufactures spend a lot of time using special equipment to design this wad to fit a certain configuration of hull. Why not use that expertise. I WILL say this. If you are willing to do extensive patterning of your load,some chrono work,AND send the load out for pressure testing,then for sure use the wad you feel is best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

claybuster sts 410