1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is needed to ship a gun to Calif

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Silverhawk, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

You need to set up an account with the California DOJ. They will assign you a dealer number. You will need to contact the CA dealer and get their number. Once you have their number you need to log into your account and enter your number and the FFL # in CA's # to obtain a shipping authorization #. I always make a copy for the CA dealer and keep a copy for myself. Sounds like alot but its really pretty easy once you get established with DOJ.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you are a private individual, nothing more is needed than shipping to any other state. The buyer's FFL may send you a form to fill out, this is for sales tax more than anything else. Other than that, its pretty pain free.

3. 7771

7771 Active Member

I have talked with the ca department of justice all you have to do is send the damn gun to a ca ffl if you are a private party if you are a dealer you do have to to do the paper work private party to ffl is legal there is a huge market in ca for guns but alot of people are misinformed

4. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

What's needed? I'll tell you. First (as a gun maker), you have to go kiss the butt of a lot of people in government. Then you have to find a way to bribe them to get you onto the list that the state of Ca. deems 'allowable' to 'IMPORT" into Ca. I say IMPORT because that's the way they treat it these days. You'd think that if a firearm was so dangerous to Ca. why in the heck does the federal government allow them to be made anywhere? Isn't a threat against one state a threat to all? I'm being sarcastic here, but there is truth in this. JIM

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Like 7771 said - if you're a private party you just send it to a CA FFL

JUST LIKE YOU HAVE TO DO IN EVERY OTHER STATE

And if you're a dealer and are to busy to spend ten minutes to make a few $K then you're way lucky.

Charlie

6. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Like the others have said, if you do not hold a FFL, it is no different than shipping a firearm to any other state. If you are, then there are a few things needed but nothing draconian. I know of several out of state FFLs that went through the process and found it easy.

Like Charlie said, if you are so well off that you don't need our money, you are very lucky indeed.

7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

It Appears to be Just a Little Complicated...But not Impossible..Just Alot of Other Rules and Regulations for the Law Abiding Citizen's of This Great Country
    And ,As of Yesterday..It was OK , Just a Fine up to $100.00, To Have a Bag of WEED...GO FIGURE...God Help Us ALL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.