Trapshooters Forum banner

What is my yardage?

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  miketmx 
#1 ·
My handicap yardage in ATA is 18 because of recent reductions in PITA it is 20 1/2
I went to an ATA shoot the other day and crossfiled because I wanted it to count with PITA I shot from my PITA yardage and got lucky and won the event. I got punched from the 20 1/2. What is my ATA yardage now???????

warren

#8 ·
Assuming you earned a 1/2-yard, your PITA yardage would now be 21 yards, and your ATA yardage would be 18-1/2 yards.

From the LOA:

"3.The rules of the host association will be accepted for cross-registration. Earned yardage will be awarded according to the rules/earned yardage chart of the host association and will apply directly to all cross-registered targets. Therefore, shooters cross-registering targets that earn yardage will have both their ATA and PITA cards punched accordingly. By cross-registering targets, shooters agree to accept the yardage increase criteria
of the host association."

#11 ·
Scott, it seems to me that the situation would be analogous to earned yardage with targets shot from penalty yardage. He earns 1/2 yard in PITA, so earns 1/2 yard in ATA from the point where the targets were actually shot, i.e. 1/2 yard from 20.5 yards. He is now at the 21 in both associations.

#12 ·
That's as may be. But the LOA was re-written 3 years ago.

I'd interpret ".. punched accordingly." to mean that each card is punched the amount indicated by the host association's earned yardage table or standard earned yardage rules. If each card was to be punched to the longest yardage <i>plus</i> the earned yardage, then I'd expect the LOA to just say that.

The previous LOA did not cover the specifics of how to apply punches.

#15 ·
Daniel McKenzie
11:11 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
HI JOHN AS PER ATA RULES YOU WILL BE PUNCHED FROM THE YARDAGE THAT YOU SHOT FROM. AS SUCH YOUR NEW ATA YARDAGE WILL BE 21 YDS. GOOD SHOOTING AND I HOPE THIS HELPS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AGAIN. DANNY MCKENZIE CHC WESTERN ZONE
I got this from Daniel McKenzie western zone rep very timley and clear my question is answered

warren

#18 ·
Warren, when I was still a Delegate from Oregon, a few of us rewrote the agreement and tried to make the new LOA as simple as possible. Pocatello and mx8dave are correct. Both of your cards should have been punched ½ yard from where you shot from. You are now a 21 yard shooter in both associations. Remember that you always shoot your longest yardage in both associations. Good luck and good shooting. Dex

#23 ·
In May 2013 my PITA card was 24.5 and my ATA card was 25.5 and I broke a 96 at an ATA Shoot where I cross registered. Both cards were punched to the 26 because of the automatic half yard for an ATA shoot. This was verified by the chairman of the PITA Central Handicap Committee. I recently received an ATA reduction to the 25 and was readily given the matching reduction to 25 on my PITA card since all of my PITA scores were shot at ATA shoots where I cross registered. I did mail the reduction request with supporting documentation to the PITA Handicap Chairman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.