1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is my yardage?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Aug 17, 2013.

1. warren

warren Member

My handicap yardage in ATA is 18 because of recent reductions in PITA it is 20 1/2
    I went to an ATA shoot the other day and crossfiled because I wanted it to count with PITA I shot from my PITA yardage and got lucky and won the event. I got punched from the 20 1/2. What is my ATA yardage now???????

warren

2. warren

warren Member

I shot a 94 there were about 8 squads

warren

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The rules governing punches for cross registered targets are covered in the ATA/PITA Letter of Agreement on page 63 of the ATA Rule Book.

4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I believe you should shoot from your farthest yardage between pita and ATA.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Whatever the highest yardage between both organizations ... Thats kind of where the honor system comes into play ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

how ever ,,if he got a punch while cross registering,, his yardage will be the new one he got punched to in both ATA and PITA,,,,MX8Dave

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Assuming at least 25 shooters but not more than 49. You would get a 1/2 yard punch. You should double check with the club.

Now your ATA and PITA yardage is 21 since you got a punch from the 20 1/2.

Jason

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Assuming you earned a 1/2-yard, your PITA yardage would now be 21 yards, and your ATA yardage would be 18-1/2 yards.

From the LOA:

"3.The rules of the host association will be accepted for cross-registration. Earned yardage will be awarded according to the rules/earned yardage chart of the host association and will apply directly to all cross-registered targets. Therefore, shooters cross-registering targets that earn yardage will have both their ATA and PITA cards punched accordingly. By cross-registering targets, shooters agree to accept the yardage increase criteria
    of the host association."

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

V 10 @years ago I was classed at 24 yds PITA 25 yards ATA,,,,I cross registered the yard put me on the 26 ATA and was punched two yards on the PITA card to match the 26 yrad line MX8Dave

10. Donm

Donm Active Member

V10. He said that it was a ATA shoot and he shot from the 20.5. So he would be punched from the 20.5. So now both cards would be 21. Had he be shooting from the 18, his ATA yardage, he would then be punched from the 18.

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Scott, it seems to me that the situation would be analogous to earned yardage with targets shot from penalty yardage. He earns 1/2 yard in PITA, so earns 1/2 yard in ATA from the point where the targets were actually shot, i.e. 1/2 yard from 20.5 yards. He is now at the 21 in both associations.

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

That's as may be. But the LOA was re-written 3 years ago.

I'd interpret ".. punched accordingly." to mean that each card is punched the amount indicated by the host association's earned yardage table or standard earned yardage rules. If each card was to be punched to the longest yardage <i>plus</i> the earned yardage, then I'd expect the LOA to just say that.

The previous LOA did not cover the specifics of how to apply punches.

13. warren

warren Member

Very confusing I'll have to check with both ATA and PITA I guess

warren

14. warren

warren Member

I just emailed the ATA western zone rep. I'll report what he says if I get an answer.

warren

15. warren

warren Member

Daniel McKenzie
    11:11 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
    HI JOHN AS PER ATA RULES YOU WILL BE PUNCHED FROM THE YARDAGE THAT YOU SHOT FROM. AS SUCH YOUR NEW ATA YARDAGE WILL BE 21 YDS. GOOD SHOOTING AND I HOPE THIS HELPS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AGAIN. DANNY MCKENZIE CHC WESTERN ZONE
    I got this from Daniel McKenzie western zone rep very timley and clear my question is answered

warren

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

It is obvious the poster is from Kentucky. I should have moved there when I started shooting

17. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

That is funny, MIA

18. DeVille

DeVille Member

Warren, when I was still a Delegate from Oregon, a few of us rewrote the agreement and tried to make the new LOA as simple as possible. Pocatello and mx8dave are correct. Both of your cards should have been punched ½ yard from where you shot from. You are now a 21 yard shooter in both associations. Remember that you always shoot your longest yardage in both associations. Good luck and good shooting. Dex

19. warren

warren Member

Thanks DeVille I finally got some accurate answers

warren

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You wanted accurate answers and you got on here ..? The hell you say ... We don't know everything but the things we do know we know very well and are most accurate usually unless of course they turn out not to be ... Glad we could help ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Search tags for this page

ata trapshooters handicap yardage