1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what is more efficient at killing??

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by dustit, Dec 18, 2016.

1. SecondChance

SecondChance Active Member

We don't charge to make a living or even enough to really make it worth our time as compared to other bigger name pits/clubs for what we do. I drive an hour and half to almost 2 hrs to go up there and that's normally after I get off shift. I stay at his house and get a nap. Pits are in his backyard basically. I go out at about 0330ish to check dekes and wind changes if need be. I haul out the days food makings that I am going to cook for everyone that day as well. Fire up the heaters in the pit and get ready for everyone to get there about 6ish. He usually charges $150-$200 per gun per day in the pit, food provided and birds taken care of if they want them. I don't take the tips, I tell the clients to give them to him for its his pits and my honor to be able to hunt them when I want.

GoldGuy thanked this.
  2. aloha one

aloha one Well-Known Member

Arrows and bullets can't compare to my late Mother in Law, she could kill a good time and suck the life from anything in any situation instantly, every time she showed up. My father in law use to say he would rather be back in combat in Korea or Viet Nam than come home when she was on the warpath. I swear, when she was pissed, which was most of the time, that women's grey eyes would just looked right through you like you were already a ghost, made your blood run cold. Only person I behaved in front of, Always! My little tropical flower, learned from the very best. True story,when my FIL was on his deathbed,one of the last things he said to all of us was, "don't tell her I'm gone right away, I'd like a good head start!"
    Aloha

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    RickN, superxjeff, Claypoppy and 3 others thanked this.
  3. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to touch on that but since you have... We have entire camps that are nothing but felons. That is why THEY hunt with a bow! You don't leave stuff at camp that you don't want stolen. We never used to have anybody stay at camp but we usually have somebody anymore. Its nice when somebody wants to come and just camp as they can keep an eye. gGys have had stuff stolen in the last 15 years or so. That was unheard of in years past. Its sad that you can't leave camp unprotected anymore.

4. crewchief

crewchief Active Member

I hope one of our police officers can answer this?? Can a felon own black powder weapons? Revolvers or long guns?? Cabelas in Acworth Ga is chock full of these.

5. bscali

bscali Member

No doubt its a bullet over the broadhead. Much more lethal under the same conditions.

6. dust one

dust one TS Member

I for one have taken a number of deer with a bow. Several times i have shot Bucks and they acted like "what happened" and then fell over.However, you do have these idiot bowhunters and gun hunters that think if they can get a arrow or bullet in one they have it.With broad side lung shots my bow kills don't go as far as gun kills due to the silent factor of the bow. I see some of the comments on here are made by gun hunters only. Sure these guys that say they drop them in their tracks took a head shot or something similar.I shot high once and spined one with a bow and drop him on the spot.Humane side of it ,every deer i shot with a gun damn sure know they got shot. Lot with a bow run short distance and turned around to see what that was.

Claypoppy and superxjeff thanked this.
  7. dust one

dust one TS Member

It is clear from some of the post here that some are not experienced bow hunters. Arrows kill from hemorrhage, bullets from shock and tissue damage. Both due the job well if placed in the right spot.

Claypoppy and superxjeff thanked this.
  8. troylee

troylee TS Member

I love bow hunting but a gun is quicker

superxjeff thanked this.
  9. J&J

J&J Member

Well next we will compare sling shots and 30/06 yes -no

10. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Any way to 50. Goofy or not.

11. pirates55

pirates55 Member

The kinetic energy a large piece of lead carries is hard to beat. I am an avid bow hunter but I also understand a very small amount of physics

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Well-Known Member

Wish the moderators of this site would enable a function where well known members can decide whether a question is so ridiculous that it does not count towards someone's 50 minimum.

Jeff

superxjeff thanked this.
  13. xttrapshoter

xttrapshoter Active Member

Or just don't allow anyone to start threads until they have a couple hundred posts.

14. TRIATHLETE3

TRIATHLETE3 Member

I think the person that told you that must be a bad shot with a rifle.