1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is LC .308 and 30-06 Brass Worth?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Smithy47, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I just got into shotgun shooting (sporting clays and skeet) and am getting out of high power rifle shooting. I have 1000 unfired Lake City .308 national match brass and 500 rounds of LC 30-06 once fired brass I would like to sell, turning the money into shotshells. It has been quite some time since I bought the LC NM .308 but I believe I paid $240/2000. Can anyone tell me what is a reasonable asking price for the brass? Thanks in advance. Bob R.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would go to the 6mmbr.com forum with this one if I were you. there are F class and 1000 yard guys looking for this stuff.

HM

3. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Thank you for the info, I will try there. Bob

4. KRE

KRE TS Member

Smithy47

Where are you located?
    I have a need for both of those cal. and have a quanity of 12 gauge STS an Nitro once fired if you would like to do some kind of trade.
    I'm in Alabama.

Kenneth

5. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I am located in central Missouri. I am not interested in the 12 ga shells as I have plenty of that gauge, thanks for the offer. I would be interested in Win AA HS 28ga or bags of #8 or 9 shot. Bob R.

6. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Thanks to all those that replied and the email's. FYI this is what I found incase any others are interested.
    There are several websites that I was directed to. They include: 6mmbr.com, cheyennebrass.com, brassmanbrass.com, oncefiredbrass.com, midway, and gunborker.com.
    Prices range from 8 cents for once fired LC 30-06 brass to 18 cents. I did not find much LC .308 brass and did not find any unfired .308 LC match brass. The .308 LC once fired was for sale for 20 cents each.

Bolt gunners want Winchester brass as it can hold more powder (thinner).
    M1-Garand and M1A shooters want the LC brass as they can get more reloads before case seperation.

Thanks again. Being new to this site I feel I stand to gain a lot of good info and can pay it back when I can.

Good shooting! Bob R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is lake city 308 once fired brass worth