1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is happening to us?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    After work today I stopped at the local mall to pick up a gift for someone. Needless to say it was busy and customers in cars were looking for hard to get parking spaces. An elderly woman was waiting patiently and a space opened up right in front of her. A young man who looked to be in his 20's turns the corner and speeds up and takes the spot right in front of her. This guy knew she was waiting for the spot and he didn't care. This woman seemed to be in her late 70's or early 80's, with gray hair. As the young man got out of his car she lowered her window and said something to him. As in the Christmas spirt, the young man flipped her the one finger salute.

Needless to say I was shocked by his lack of respect. People who also witnessed this act, started honking their horns, and a few men and women started yelling at him, and he flipped them off too. As I was sitting in my car, I wondered what type of up bringing he had? I know there are some good young people out there, but I wonder what makes individuals act this way? I hope the majority of our countries men and woman are not like this and hope they respect older adults. This time of year it should be "good will towards men" not today I am sorry to say.
    Steve Balistreri

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yawn.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sorry to say Steve that todays kids do not hold to most of yesterdays value's. They just seem to get lost in the faster paced world of today. Most were brought up today with no mother in the house full time. With 2 working parents in todays world, most parents don't have the time or energy to say on top of the kids like mom used to do. Oh by the way, I thought you were going to tell a joke, not a story. I heard one just like it but the older lady was rich and the young man was driving a new corvette. He pulled into the spot and flipped her the bird as he walked into the store. She thought a moment and stepped hard on the gas and plowed right into the new corvette. The man ran back and said to her what in the blank is wrong with you!!!! Well she said, you told me to "blank" off because you are younger and faster than me. Well I may be old but I'm rich enough to teach you a lesson in life. Just wait and Try to Collect from the insurance company, that I own!!! You'll be walking for months!!! Break-em all. Jeff

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

A couple of the guys there should have kicked his ass and moved his car. By the way buzzer, with the yawn, was that you? ..............GOOD LUCK

5. BCJ

BCJ TS Member

I am with Shady Creek on this one. Was that you buzzer?

Bart

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Here you go Steve check the link above it makes flipping people the bird look tame.

Bob Lawless

7. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

I'm sorry to see this type of behavior is a yawn to Buzz. Too many people shrug this stuff off now a days. I'm afraid if I had seen this happen, I wouldn't have been able to just look the other way and walk off. Thanks David

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If someone ever needed all four of their valve stems cut off.... this guy fits the bill.

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

I'm with brian on this one. Bob S

10. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

At least let the air out of his tires. No damage done, and lesson taught if not learned.

Danny

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Pull out the old pocket knife. Walk by and punch a hole in each tire. He won't forget. It takes about 8 seconds.

12. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

They just were not taught Respect!

13. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Run a key across his side panel. That should help him learn.

14. geeber

geeber Member

Steve, I feel the same way as you. I can remember when you could walk down the street and never hear anyone use the "F" word in front of anyone, especially not in front of a lady. Now you also hear the young women using it more than me when I hit my thumb with a hammer. They don't care who's around to hear it either.
    Gary B.

15. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Jeff:
    That's a good one.
    Steve

Bob:
    I watched the story, and that young woman sure has some problems. Her problems will be getting worse after she see goes to court again.
    Steve

I read everyones responses. Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday.
    Steve

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Im with Brian..if he wanted that spot so bad ...make sure he gets to stay for a long time in it

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Most people are respectful and when we run in to a jerk like this 20 some thing and is so self centerd it preally gets under your skin. Any one that would post a comment like " yawn" needs to ask themselves am I a self centered jerk?

18. neofight

neofight TS Member

When we see this sort of behavior, we cannot help but react in some way, but we also need to choose our battles carefully. The young man with the dubious digit will eventually get his reward and hopefully, no one will end up in jail(unless it's him of course).

For every rude, self-centered, egotistical yahoo i see out there, i see many more random acts of kindness, something we should expect as the rule, rather than the exception to human behavior. Here is Brookings, Or, teenagers actually hold a door open for others, they walk briskly across crosswalks to make way for traffic and they actually look you in the eye when they say hello on the street. Sometimes i think i am in a time-warp back to the '50's.

Corvette and Porsche owners parking sideways across two parking spots, people cutting others off in traffic, cutting lines at the market or theater....all part of rudeness that crosses all age and color boundaries. It pisses me off too and i might say a few choice words to the offender, but i won't do anything to put myself in jail while the creep laughs at me from the outside.

19. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

BYE-BYE buzzer

20. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I might be wrong, and certainly wrong plenty of times before! I suspect old buzzer was yawning at the author and his many contrived stories that you all so revel in!? Just in case you think this young punk driver if indeed smoky saw it happen, has a monopoly on this kind of act, you are sadly mistaken! Have seen plenty of mid-20s females do the same and flip the bird with the best of them! And while at it, have seen plenty of octogenarians pull out and force me to slow down when there was absolutely no reason for it! Course, they did not even know they did it so did not flip me off! Tom Rhoads
    r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.