1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Going On With The ATA Site???????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I have for sometime been trying to look up score and av listings on the member site on the ATA web site. All they list are the 2006 and nothing on the 2007. That is on everyone I looked up. They even have me as listed as a non renewal member even after they sent me my av card for this year. What is going on?????

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I would guess that you are not going to the correct website. Try going directly to shootata.com instead of using an old link.

3. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

I contacted them last week or so ago, and they said they are in the process of putting in a new Shooter Info Center. They know of the problems with the current site (doubled scores, etc.) and are working to fix it. They expect mid-May to have the new one up and running. The ATA does have a separate database that has the correct info in it, so your scores and shoots aren't lost. Check later in the month. My guess is they will have a notice on the site when it's working again.

Leslie York
    (Trapgeek)

4. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Hey Gargoyle, check it now. I just decided to check mine and their in there now. They must have fixed it.

Leslie

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Thanks trapgeek.

6. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Yes, there still appears to be issues with it. Mine is OK, but my husband's still has doubled-up scores, although the total is correct. They did add some recent shoots in, but the doubling (or tripling)is still happening with some people. (Not sure why mine didn't double.)

Again they had said by mid-May it should be fixed. Maybe we just gotta wait some more.

trapgeek

7. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I have an interesting situation...every entry in my records is posted at least twice and some of them are posted 4 times in a row; same shoot, same place, same scores. Makes it look like I've been to over 40 shoots this year when it's only been 12.

Mike

8. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I have two shoots that are listed three times. I to got an email from K.K and she said it will be fixed in a week or so.

9. JRW

JRW Member

My duplicated entries have been removed. Now some of my scores are missing. Hope they do figure it out. Jerry

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Are other's duplicates gone? They are supposed to be. And the "whole new look" is scheduled for the 15th!

If some of you have not too many targets this year, how about a favor? Total your targets and do some averaging. In that summary screen, the first page - are the target totals and averages right? Please don't do this until tomorrow, though.

Neil

11. JES

JES Member

I have the same problem with scores being in 3 times. Keep being told it will be fixed next week and last months scores are in there 3 times again. The average has to be skewed when all scores are tripled. Nice if you shoot good but have a bad or really low score - Ouch! looking at it three times!

12. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Because the scores are tripled on the screen doesn't mean it affects your average. Compare the average on the ATA site to where it agrees with your "average card" and you might notice the scores are not tripled.

Bill Radwan

13. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

I checked my scores today (5/14). The duplicates are gone and the individual records of each shoot are correct but the totals are wrong and the averages are wrong. Looks like they fixed part of it.

I'll check it again later this week.

fyi - my ata number is 0760914

14. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

According to the people at the ATA they are going to have a system that actually will get the data requested by the shooter from the main database. The way it works now is that there are actually two database systems that are used, one for the scores archive and the other for the shooter information. When they are done when you request your score history the data will be passed back via a data set from the main database. This will really help them out as they will no longer have to maintain two database systems and your scores you request will be more up to date than they are now. I'm sure they will get everything back in sync when it's all done.

George Cook

15. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

I know the day isn't over yet, but I have yet to see the "new look" on the shooter information center. I believe it was Neil who said that the 15th should be the day that this happens.

16. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I've got my fingers crossed, FT.

Neil

17. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

Well, they obviously missed the 15th date, is there any new projection on when this project will be completed?

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Nothing new has been added for me since 2 months ago. I have talked with the clubs, and they say that they have submitted all the scores some time ago.

It's only 2 days overdue. I've seen projects run weeks over.

For me, being a new shooter, I messed up my ATA card and didn't know how to record the events properly separated. I am hoping they will put the scores up soon.

Yes, I did call and have the ATA send me a record, but it only goes through the same events that they have posted, and I have shot much more than that.

19. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

All of my scores were triple entries as of my last shoot on 4/15/07. I just checked and everything has been straightened out. They're getting there. Steve

20. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

My doubles and handicap are correct but both me and my shooting partner are shown with 400 extra singles targets that cannot be accounted for on the record sheets nor is my reduction shown there anymore.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.