Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is Browning up to?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Spanky 
#1 ·
I have been looking to buy a new Browning XT, adjustable comb in a 30 inch barrel for my 16 year old daughter, who shoots in SCTP. Browning is offering all 4H and SCTP members $200 off of Citori' Cynergy's, BT's and BPS's.

...So I started looking at new prices and found some fantastic deals. I found a lot for $2200. I finally bought one from Sportsman Warehouse for $1869. With the $200 off, it comes to $1689 before taxes. That is cheaper than I can find a used one in excellent condition. The guy at the counter, said Browning is clearing them out. Do you think Browning is up to something in 2010?

Rod A.

#3 ·
I bought her a new XT, 30 inch barrels, ported and adjustable comb, just like I was looking for. I do know there was a dealer on Trapshooters selling them for $2039 (cash). I just found one less expensive 10 miles from home.

Rod A.

#6 ·
Rod, nice going finding such a good deal. Hope she shoots it well. The reason for the push on some of the models your were talking about might be dealers trying to get rid of last years stock, trying to make room for next years stock!!!. Car dealers trying to do the same thing. Good Shooting and Break-em all. Jeff

#7 ·
I damn sure wouldn't read to much into what any behind the counter SW employee say's. My experience with them is they are a bunch of know nothing $8.00 an hour idiots. You have to remember that the whole company was tits up a few months back so the whole chain was filled with a bunch of numb brains. You got a great deal on your XT. Go shoot it and enjoy it.

#8 ·
When Browning clears stuff out, they practically give their guns away. Do any of you remember the recoiless prices? You could get one new in box for around $700 when they were discontinued. That kind of pissed off the unfortunated Dudes that paid top buck for them just a year before.

#11 ·
I was at the Grand when they were selling the BT99 plus for $995. There were a lot of happy and a lot of unhappy people at the Grand that year. The happy were picking up new guns for $995 and the unhappy were people who had just weeks or months earlier had paid $1500 to $1700 for the same gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.