1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is better Perazzi or Krieghoff

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I defer.

2. lancelot

lancelot Member

I'll bite.

An MX8 is One of the best shotguns ever introduced. I'm sure you are happy with yours.

Your question brings to mind which is better a Rolls-Royce or a Bentley. I think our own Dusenberg tops them both, and maybe the same holds true for the Silver Seitz.

Happy Holidays, Ron Ireland

3. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

It really depends on the individual, I have 3 Perazzi"s and love them also. Personally i like the feel and balance and swing of the gun. Ive picked up Krieghoff"s but find them clubby compared to a P gun. But that is only my opinion. Richie

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Krieghoff----Just take a look at each and you'll tell---The K gun is the top of the class in MO---MYSTIC---

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Perazzi hands down.. just ask the olympic shooters..

6. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Better how - materials, engineering, metal finish, warranty, service, blueing, balance, bling, # of complimentary 25's/50's/100's that come with each gun (Skeet & trap)????

K80 - just ask Phil and Harlan of course:^)

...stirring...

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

The one you can handle and shoot the best ! B.C.

8. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I prefer Perazzi's, I could never get the feel for K80. I witnessed a K80 go ka-boom once, the top of the chamber landed in front of me in the parking lot 50 yards away, it cleared a 70 maple tree to get there. It was really something.

9. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

My wife is german...my girl friends are Italian twins...LOL

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Is this "smsnyder's" secret 2nd sign on name? Question just seemed eeirly similar to his. LOL joking

Matt

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have owned both. Currently shooting a Perazzi. Both are FINE guns that will last you a lifetime! Both have their own issues. A Krieghoff's internals are complicated. Most people will need a qualified gunsmith to change firing pins or springs. Perazzi on the other hand....internals are simple. Average Joe can change springs and firing pins. But, Perazzi's have issues with side ribs coming loose.

Moral of Story....both are great guns that will last forever. If you shoot either one enough, it will need to be worked on. Pick which one that feels the best to YOU, and go with it!

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am kind of partial to Model 12's but have shot a K gun well many years ago and since have shot Perazzi's which seems to be the gun I prefer over the others out there ... The top guns such as Phil Kiner, Leo, Harlon and the list goes on and on could probably be competetive with a sling shot ... I would guess they shoot a gun that they personally get the best deal and or service on ... Phil Kiner wasn't doing real bad when he shot a Perazzi for many years before he changed over to the K Gun so I'd guess there was economics involved there someplace ... There are still many top shooters who prefer the Perazzi's as well as the Olypics shooters and Team USA ... What ever works for you is the one I would choose if I was you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

BLASER super trap all the way.

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I don't know much about Perazzi---K-guns are the gun of choice where I come from---I understand that Perazzis are the gun of choice as you travel West.They tell me that no matter where you go you will be able to find a smith that can fix a K-gun.I also think K-guns hold value better than most others---
    JMO---MYSTIC---

15. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Ford vs. Chevy.... Regards, Ed

16. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I don't think Phil has ever shot the K-80 as well as his old Perazzi.

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have a TMX and a K-80 unsigle that I shoot. The TMX swings a lot faster and is a lighter gun. The K-80 is much heavier but I seem to do a lot better with it. Both are fine guns but my personal preference is the K-80. Bulge.

18. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

7 1/2's or 8's?? Krieghoff bought the 32 Remington design. Perazzi designed theirs in the 70's. 1932 technology, 1970's technology. Mr Perazzi never insisted what price I had to put on his new guns. Both suffer a substantial depreciation from new to slightly used. Skybuster suggests we buy American. Perazzi internal workings are easier to repair. Krieghoff charges for their "annual". Perazzi hammer springs break. Both have had great success in their performance for top shooters. Most all guns have been represented in the winners circle. 7 1/2's or 8's????? If it's got tits,tires, or triggers, it will give you trouble at one time or another-LOL-buy American.............merlyn

19. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

well considering i just bought a gss i have to say k gun

20. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

If the high school machine shop aesthetic and fence post dynamics fire your soul then the K-gun is just for you. Oh, I left out eye-blackening recoil.

If some other aesthetic, like fluid flowing lines and near life-like dynamics, not to mention about 100 fewer parts, then you might want to hang with the Perazzi you already have.

What puzzles me is why you would even bother to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are kriegoff better
krieghoff better than perazzi
perazzi or krieghoff olympic trap

perazzi vs krieghoff

which is better perazzi or krieghoff