1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is better Flanigun Super X3 or Benelli SS???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mt92, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt92

mt92 Member

What you you get and why? The gun will most likely see alot of rounds.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I say anything out there but a Benelli, after what they did to Tom Knapp after he got sick!!! Then tried to cover it up. Lets Boycott Benelli's out there OK. Break-em all. Jeff

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

my first pick for a semi auto clays shooting gun would be a 391 beretta based on their track record.

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Jeff, can you explain the Tom Knapp thing? Some of us don't know

Ajax

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Benelli says:
    ACCOKEEK, MD (March 11, 2010) – Benelli USA is very pleased that Tom Knapp’s health has improved enough for him to resume his exhibition shooting on a limited basis. Benelli USA has multiple agreements with Tom Knapp and the only one affected by his health condition was his exhibition show contract. As per Tom’s request his live show schedule for 2010 was cancelled indefinitely until his health allowed him to resume.

In January 2010, Tom informed Benelli USA that he had been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, a lung disease that would require a lung transplant. It appeared, at the time, it might take two to three years for Tom to receive a lung transplant. Tom also informed Benelli USA that his condition required that he be on oxygen 24/7, causing the cancellation of his 2010 exhibition schedule and preventing him from attending the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas.

Tom continues to be contracted by Benelli for his participation in the TV show, Benelli’s American Birdhunter. Tom told Benelli USA that he would be unable to participate in the hunts, but he could continue as the on-camera host while Benelli exhibition shooter, Tim Bradley could step in as co-host.

As clearly stated in a letter sent to Tom Knapp in January, “In reference to additional and future business relations and projects, Benelli USA looks forward to continuing a professional relationship with you (Tom Knapp), whenever and wherever opportunities may arise.”

“We at Benelli have been very concerned with Tom's health. It would seem that there has been a considerable misunderstanding that we intend to resolve. It has never been the intention of Benelli USA to sever ties with Tom Knapp,” said Stephen McKelvain, Vice President of Marketing and Communications. “To the contrary, it was our intention to give Tom the time he needed to recuperate fully from his illness in order that he can continue building his legacy as the World’s greatest exhibition shooter of our time.”

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You cannot go worng with the super x flanigan. Nice looking too.

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

This is a joke or some kind of trick question...right? We all know you couldnt be seriously thinking about a Flanigun.

8. mt92

mt92 Member

No joke I am going to buy one of these guns. I was just looking for opinions on gun function and quality. Any reasons why someone prefers one over the other.

Thanks

9. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Are these gun going to be used for hunting or clay sports?

IMO... for hunting get the Benelli. For clays neither one is very popular to say the least. If its for clays get a Beretta.

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS----- how can you beat a beretta 303 or 391!!!

11. mt92

mt92 Member

Excuse my ignorance, but why not the Benelli or SX3 for clays? Is it felt recoil, reliaility?

12. team henges

team henges TS Member

I had a super sport and loved it. The "crio" barrel is amazing, nothing sticks to it at all, you really dont need to really clean it but for every 1000 or so shots. I also liked the carbon fiber stock because its sooo light. The bad thing is that the stock is so light that the barrel makes the gun sort of end heavy. But it also doesnt cycle as fast as the x3 but i thing it is a better quality gun.

brendan

13. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Ajax, Brigetofar has posted the reply I have seen before,where it appears Benelli set things strait!!! But I now have HEARD that Tom Knapp is back doing his exhibitions (maybe limited) without a sponser and using his own funds. He is not shooting a Benelli and is currently looking for a sponser!!! So at this point it is hear-say, but would like to find out if it is true as I'm sure others do as well. Can anyone back this up, or prove otherwise??? Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.