1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is best way to give out "Added Money"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Burdick, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

What is the best way to give out some added money?

We will have a 2 day shoot next month and plan on giving out $400.00.

We expect between 40/50 shooters.

I would like the biggest amount to help draw the shooters to shoot both days.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ron Burdick

2. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

LEWIS!!!!! It is the only way everyone has a chance at winning. It is based off of the number of shooters that played the Lewis Purse and then by the scores shot by the ones that played it!!!!!!! Anyone may win.

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Lewis is pretty heavily weighted to the guys with the highest scores. I have only had to explain that to about a thousand newbys over the years. Added money should be distributed through the classes and or yardage groups.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I agree. 4 Lewis classes, give a hundred each, 50/30/20, ties divide.

Run your regular Lewis with 3 classes so more people get money.

You will have 9 more happy shooters. (top class will still collect on both the Lewis and the added).

HM

5. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

For fun will,shootout for Lewis a missandout.Pierre

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I found this searching online.

some explanations.

I myself, dislike the "ties divide". I feel it should be combine places and divide.

if two shoot 100's then you'd add 1st and 2nd money and divide for that lewis.

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

OR.. you could pull a #.. and all with that number could shoot off.. pay out 50/25/10/5

Lots of options.. you just have to decide how many you want to share with

8. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I've shot at a few clubs that give a ticket for each event shot and then random the tickets the second day. Gives everybody who shot a fair chance. Bud

9. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Eightbore how do you figure it is weighted toward Hi scores???? Go figure!!! Beats the Hell out of me HOW U FIGURE THAT!

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Give everyone a ticket for each event shot and at the end of the shoot pull a ticket for each event.

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

That is hi gun system when you take 2 highest scores and that takes 2 places of the money.

Not my cup of tea

GB
    DLS

12. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

As I think one should be rewarded for performance, not the luck of the draw or how the scores break down, How about giving cash to the high combined score of each discipline and for the high score of each discipline and shoot them off, not high score in each event.

13. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

I have been to shoots where the top lewis class started with the top score that did not get the purse money. If you have a purse that pays 50-30-20 the top 3 scores would get the purse money and then the next score would start the lewis. It really spreads the money.

14. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Pay out purse and calcutta money to each high-gun, but don't pay the high guns the lewis.

EXAMPLE:

Let's say you pay 4 places, and the last payout is a score of 94, then start the first lewis at 93, or the highest non-winning score.

Then pay 2-3 lewis classes, and you will have much happier shooters because the money is more evenly distributed.

If you think you are going to break a 100 or 99, and win, then playing the lewis is really your option, but is still a random thing.

When a guy who shoots a 79 wins some lewis money, the smile is my reward.

Works well at our club.

15. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The fellow, slickhead, who questions that Lewis is weighted toward the top score does not understand the Lewis system. The poster, Bvr Tail, who suggested that the Lewis should begin after the purses, is not describing how a Lewis in usually awarded. Why would a top shooter participate in the Lewis if it is taken away from him for shooting well? Got to think this thing out before engraving your ideas in print.

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

A Lewis class or lewis classes

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

eightbore,

The only way a lewis can be weighted toward the top scores is if there is only one class.

18. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

At an upcoming shoot we have taken some of the added money and made it into lottery "door prizes" and most of the money as added prize money to all the Handicap events.

We don't know what works best. Just experimenting.

19. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Eightbore -

I'm confused by your original statement also. How exactly is a Lewis "pretty heavily weighted" toward the guys with the high scores?

If there are five lewis classes (and you can use any number of classes, the math is still the same), shooters with the high score would get 20 percent of the money. That means shooters not shooting the high scores would get 80 percent of the money.

Did you mean to say that a Lewis is pretty heavily weighted toward the guys WITHOUT the high scores?

Scott

20. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

$400 won't go very far so put that toward the outcome of a single event and don't split it too much. How about $100 for the winners of each yardage group in a handicap event and $100 for the high HC score. Split money on ties. Do this preferably on the second day of the shoot. This plus what ever other purses/lewis you have would make a sweet payday for a few guys.