1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is best way to add weight toa BT-99 Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

What is the best way to add weight to a BT-99 Plus...and still have a well balanced gun.

I have a flinch..sorta, with this gun. Actually its whippy enough that I swing it too fast and pass the target sometimes...and then back up...and then I can't pull the trigger(flinch).

The only time I can't piull the trigger is when I have hurridly overcome the target and gone past the break point.

I had this problem with skeet too...a heavy (10 lb.) gun fixed that problem and really made the gun swing silky smooth.

Thanks for any input ..for weight products or custom fixes.

Thanks..Stan

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Graico bbl weights work great.
    [​IMG]

3. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Before you add barrel weights, try this...

Most of us were taught it, but have forgotten it. Let the trigger hand control the gun. Use your forend hand to literally just rest the gun on. Completely relax the forend hand and let the trigger hand do all the work.

For most of us it's a difficult thing to do. If need be, turn your forend hand over and let the gun rest on the back of your hand.

Combine that with relaxing your whole body as you shoot and see if you don't slow down and gain some control.

J.F. Wolfington
    Wilmington, DE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.