1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is an Alfermann?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I went to my first big shoot in a long time, Spring Grand in Tucson. There were a fair number of vendors selling guns there. I saw quite a few Alfermann's (have I got the spelling right?) there. I had never heard of the brand. I thought they looked a lot like other high end guns, Silver Seitz, Kolar. What is the story? gyrine

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Nice guns built by Larry and Gary ALfermann in Missouri . As good as anything out today .

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Well, I was looking for a little more detail. What makes them so nice? How does the barrel and action differ from a Silver Seitz for example? This is purely an academic question. All I know is what I learn from you guys. Am I in trouble or what? gyrine

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I have seen a Bowen, but have never shot or even handled one. To the best of my recollection I have never even handled a Cole or a Seitz. I own an Alfermann with a fairly low serial number. My impression, perhaps incorrect, is that all four guns look similar externally, and operate in similar manner (one opens the action on an Alfermann by pulling back on the trigger guard). One real difference I've seen, at least from guns advertised here, is the price. I bought mine for about half of the price I've seen advertised for the others. Mine has upgraded wood at least as nice as any of the others I've seen, a very fast trigger converted to the new style release by Gary, and a fixed full choke that grinds the targets from 27 better than most of the K-80s and MX 2005s that most shoot around here. If I had the cash to spare, I'd think very hard about buying one of their twin models for doubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.