1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a used RAD unit worth?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by chiefjon, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

Might be interested in a used RAD unit for a Skeet gun. I am going to give up on putting a PFS on this gun. What are these units worth?

JON

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

I've bought them as cheap as $50 up to $100.

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

0   0   0

chiefjon:

I've shot a Rad 2 nearly ten years. I like it and wouldn't be afraid of a used one but there at least two issues to consider.

1. The aluminum plate that attaches to the butt stock would have been fitted to the original gun. Depending on how much material was removed, you may or may not be able to fit it to the butt stock of your gun. I don't know if that plate can be easily replaced or not and if so, at what price.

2. The Rad LOP adjustment is IMHO their worst design feature. If you're not familiar, steel set screws are tightened into dimpled depressions in an aluminum block. If the set screws are over tightened or under tightened, it can cause significant damage to the block. Several years ago I looked at a used Rad so damaged I wouldn't have taken it for free.

I wouldn't be afraid of a used Rad in good condition. Just be sure it is in good condion.

sissy

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I would strongly advise that you listen to Sissy on this matter. He's spot on.

Jb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.