1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a SS BT-100 worth these days?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LukeG, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeG

LukeG Member

I'm talking with a gentleman who has a Stainless BT-100 and I'm considering buying it.

The gun has an adjustable butt plate thumbhole stock and the factory monte carlo stock, 34" fixed light full (.029) barrel, and the original box. I'll have to look at it a bit closer next week, but I believe the gun is in pretty good condition. He also said it has a Timney trigger, but I'm not sure if that was made by Allen Timney or the actual company Timney. Either way it also has a very nice custom trigger.

He's asking $1,750 but I can't tell if that is a reasonable price because I can't find much info on what these guns have sold for recently. There just doesn't seem to be too many of them, or the people who have them hold onto them.

I have shot the gun and it fits like a glove for me.

Any advice on price would be greatly appreciated.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

That is a good deal as the market for them goes. I think it is silly myself but that is what the market is regardless. tell me something? Why on earth is somebody willing to pay extra for a stainless shotgun? if it cosmetics I can wrap my head around it but from a function standpoint I can't believe that one is any better then the other.Jeff

3. LukeG

LukeG Member

Thanks Jeff. Personally the stainless option makes no difference to me, I just like the way the gun fits and points.

Any idea what a stainless BT-100 sold for new?

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

They can get as much as $2300 if the condition and wood is right...Thumbhole not too desirable a feature....

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi Jeff, sold my last Wenig stocked SX1 last week now down to old faithful STS Green and Carbon Biased Hurst SX1 and an old sx beater with Full Trap barrel, do you need any Field grade stocks...???
    What is an old but nice condition Ithaca Century Trap worth...

Chuck

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Chuckles,
    600 to 800 hard to sell at 800 though. Bill

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi Bill, I have a friend that wants to sell at $600.00 looks like a lot of gun for only $600 bucks...

Nice shooting at Mason BTW

regards

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

$2500 on GB not long ago

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have a friend who bought a close out for 1100 dollars brand new. That's not the point though. If you like the way they point then why not just buy a blued bt-100 and save your self the better part of 1000 dollars? jeff

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

A friend sold one last week for 2000 with an extra trigger. Timmney never made after market triggers for a BT-100, He may have done a release trigger for the stock trigger or he may have " tuned" the stock pull trigger. Good luck on your quest for the magic shotgun! I have been looking since I started shooting trap in 2000. Jeff

11. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I've never seen a blued 100 go for 750. If its nice then buy it, I passed up one for 1500 two years ago with a case. Not a thumbhole though, I don't care much for those. I have yet to come across another in that shape for that price. I just didn't have the money. He'll sell it to someone might as well be you.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

yep, at $700 I would buy a dozen even if they were 32"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-100 worth

thumbhole stock for century trap