1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a SAND-BAGGER?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lost-a-pair, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost-a-pair

Lost-a-pair TS Member

We recently had this conversation at our local club. What brounght it on is this; Shooter #1: At our club we have, I'd say an above shooter who always shoots 7/8 oz. 9 shot loads. He never discriminates from the weather. When he wants to shoot he goes no matter what the weather or wind conditions, but when it comes to the state shoot he bumps his loads up to 1 1/8 oz. 9 shot loads (both handicap and 16's) He recently took his class in our state shoot and the next day (championship day )he got a 95 in caps to get in the shoot offs for 12 thru 15th in the state. Since it was Fathers day he decided before any out come that he was going home to see family.
    Shooter # 2; Here's a guy that is a good shooter, in it for the fun, enjoys his shooting and shoots often, again doesn't matter with wind or weather with this guy either. But when he shoots an ata event he may decide to shoot a different gun (not always, tho') than his everyday trap gun (which is release)
    He may take his hunting field gun which is a pull trigger knowing full well that he doesn't shoot it as well and flinches alot. By the way this man also placed high in the state tournement.
    Shooter # 3; Here's a guy that is an excellent shooter. Has been and still is on the state trapshooting team. Only shoots for average. Only shoots in what he decides are ideal conditions. Never shoots in bad weather. Never shoots places that he deems throws bad targets.

AGAIN, THINK ABOUT IT, WHO IS THE SAND-BAGGER? I say all men pay the same price and when the day comes one still has to hit the score. The one at the club who was making the most noise hit an 84 in caps and I simply said; there were high scores that won the ladys, juniors, and sub-juniors so he really wasn't gonna win anything anyway.

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Someone who lives in Cedar Rapids, IA

JK

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

A sandbagger is someone who intentionally drops targets to maintain a shorter handicap yardage in hopes of going to a big shoot and then turning it on and winning a bunch of money.

~Michael

4. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

A Sandbagger is a shooter that knows the high score and seams to miss the required amount of targets in the last 10 targets of the hundred. Allen

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Shooters #1 and #2 are obviously disgusting baggers. #1 never saw a class C trophy he didn't want to steal from a more deserving, properly classified shooter. The only reason he didn't want to stay for the Handicap shootoff is his not wanting others to see him so he could continue his game.

Shooter #2 isn't any better but simply performs the same act but in a different way.

Shooter #3 hurts no-one and figures if he can't play with the best he wouldn't lower his standards and take away a trophy from a little kid.

The fact that all shooters pay tha same amount to enter has nothing to do with cheating and the infamous "H" code rule should should be applied to #1 and #2!!

6. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

A sandbagger is a fictitious animal that lives in the minds of some shooters.

He preys upon them through their own fear of inadequacy and inability to win a tournament, class or yardage group with a mediocre score.

A sandbagger is a shooter that practices and works hardhard (fundamentals and mental game) to improve, then has a good showing at a shoot.

You see these guys all the time "under the lights" at the end of the day. Yep, it's just like a water faucet - turn it off and on at will.

They routinely end up on the All American team for their efforts - they must because they kept it low key then traveled all over the place - state and zone shoots - to win every event they entered!

Or someone that just plain got lucky.

Have a nice day! Dan

7. $andbagger

$andbagger TS Member

huh??

It's all about the money.

8. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i was sandbagging a week ago saturday and it's hard work. the bags weighed in eccess of 70 pounds, at least we kept water off the substation we bagged around. oops wrong kind of sandbagging sorry.jackmitch

9. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

A title we give someone who beats us when we screwup. Jim Henry

10. LearPilot

LearPilot TS Member

RAZOR.... I think you said it all. When ever someone gets more than someone else people got to talk. 9 times out of 10 Those talkers either had a score that didn't cut the mustard or it's in their bag of excuses

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

In some shooters minds ANYBODY who can beat them MUST be a sandbagger (or anybody who lives in KY). How many many times have you heard of some little so and so who won a big handicap(never to be heard from again). Mostly sandbagging DOES live in the minds of a few shooters. After all if a short yarage mid average shooter ever DOES win a major handicap they HAVE TO BE SANDBAGGING RIGHT!!!????

12. oleolliedawg

Balsa plane pilot, the notorious defender of sandbaggers and other unscrupulous characters has returned. I'll bet he even loves 'baggers who refuse to break a decent score or even finish the event when someone purchases them in a calcutta!!

13. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

A sand bagger is a low life scum bucket that purposely shoots below his abilities in order to beat some 13-17 yr. old kid to win a few bucks. Should you beat me it'll be straight up because I'm not given you squat!!!!!!! Nor will I ditch targets in order to win a class below my abilities!!!!!!! Keith

14. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Perazzitopsingle,-- Yes I AM from KY and I am damned proud of it! My comment was directed by the many bagger phobia sufferes who somehow think living in a particular geographic makes you a sandbagger. FYI. Yes there ARE sandbaggers, but I for one think thery are far fewer than the paranoid masses THINK. As far as calling me an idiot, Iv'e been called worse names, but if it supposed to bother me, I'm afraid you are wasting your efforts. I just consider the SOURCE and ignore it. I have seen a few who drop targets in order to stay in a lower class/ yd. group, but my personal beleif is that very few have the ability to turn it on/off asnd will only hurt themselves in the end. I have never dropped a target on purpose in my life and would probably screw myself up so bad doing it that I would have trouble recovering. Regurgitating these sand bagging threads is like looking for the sasquach! Every knows there's one out there, but nobody can come up with hard eveidence of one!

15. oleolliedawg

Slide obviously hasn't read the original post. I'd suggest he read it again!!

16. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

A "Sandbagger" is a rare & largely mythical creature who's precarious existence we use to justify chasing new shooters away from Trapshooting in DROVES for fear that they might beat some old grumpy bastard out of his money today.

John C. Saubak

17. oleolliedawg

According to the original poster one guy shoots 7/8oz. of #9 shot in the dead of Winter at crappy little ATA shoots, breaks a startling number of 62's and 69's and never refused a reduction. Goes to the State shoot, puts in real shells, plays the options, and places high in several events.

The other Turkey shoots his field gun in little ATA events just like his "best buddy" but cranks out his trapgun at the State shoot or Grand and cleans house.

Mr. Saubak's "mythical creatures" are here!!

18. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Maybe they all reside down in the hills of Kentucky?? I've never met one of 'em up here in Montana......

19. oleolliedawg

Nope John, they're right here in PA!!

20. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

oleolliedawg,

I hope that #1 guy in the original post isn't a 'bagger. Cause if he is, then so am I from time to time. I will shoot my 1oz reloads all the time. But occasionally I'll buy new shells for a larger shoot. When I do buy new shells they are generally 1 1/8th oz loads. I'd buy 1 oz if they were readily available, but usually they're not.

Also, you are making some assumptions that weren't in the original post. No where did it state he was shooting bad scores, just that he shoots 7/8 oz loads in all kinds of weather.

I agree with most of the other posters, the sandbagger is more myth than reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.