1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a protected shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just heard the term"protected shoot", could some one tell me what it means & why the ATA doesn't allow them?

Thanx-Phil Berkowitz

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

phil, I think they must be talking about games. In Tx. we call them buddy shoots, Your buddy shoots and if he misses You get a chance to breaK THE TARGET and thus protect him from a miss. therefore the protection moniker

Bob

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

It's "protection", not "protected".

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

No a protected shoot is when there are no other ATA shoots allowed within a certain distance from another shoot. I can't recall what the distance was, it might have been 75-100 miles.

Eric

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Not positive but I think texaszephyr has it right, we call them a brother-in-law lots of fun. Five-- two man teams--10 shots per man--alternating 1st, & 2nd shooter--each is the others B-I-L, don't count shells just targets--shooting at your B-I-Ls broken target is also a lost bird--high team wins a prize.lots of ho
    oting & poking fun when you miss or double shoot. Love those games-- Ross Puls

Edit-- After reading the Florida chain post I see where I was mistaken. As you can deduce I'm more of a games shooter than registered ATA. Sorry --Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.