1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Perazzi stock ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of purchasing a new ( to me ) gun. The seller listed the stock dimensions as 1.375 DAC and 1.75 DAH with a 14.75 LOP. .25 offset the length of the comb and a slight cast for a right hand shooter and then stated "built on the configuration of a Perazzi stock." The comb is a non-adjustable comb. So what may be the meaning of a Perazzi stock ? (I've never owned a Perazzi )

2. amboy49

No Perrazi experts ?

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

A Perazzi stock is one that fits a particular Perazzi. Perazzi makes different stocks for the different models. You need to tell what model you are looking at and someone may have a picture of one for you to look at.Ray

4. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Probably the usual wide,thick,heavy stock with a pretty sharply turned down pistol grip and a palm swell. Perazzi started out making trap guns,as he was a trap shooter, thus the stock design.

5. amboy49

The gun I'm buying is actually a Kreighoff K80. The seller described the stock as I outlined above. He said he bought the stock from Paxton but didn't know who made it - it is a custom stock . . . . not a K gun factory stock.

Just was wondering what the meaning of a Perazzi stock was.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

It means nothing at all. Sounds like I would describe the stock as a "Kreighoff" stock. Perazzi stocks had and have similarities, but all stocks do. IN this case you should know if you can fit these dimensions. Pretty standard stuff for a RH shooter.And since this is custom the original customer ordered it as he wanted it.

If you are RH and can shoot a 1-3/8" drop, you are in business.

7. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Kinda looks like a oar..

8. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

I bought one over the phone the other day described as a "cheap sporting stock" from a distant relative who owed me a good deed/favor. When it turned up and I looked inside the box I found the most amazing piece of drift wood that ever fell off a cargo boat. Something close to a cross between a noggin off a pallet or the off cut off a railway sleeper. Not quite sure if I can use the phrase "usable", may be I will paint it and tell myself that I must get a fore-end to match it. Thanks Philip

9. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

The seller is refering to the configuration of the "pistol grip" area of the stock. This is an occasional request with custom stock makers, a hybrid K80 stock with a Perazzi type grip. I believe it originated in So. Cal. Regards, GAP

10. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

They might be referring to Perazzi stocks, that are not original and not made by Perazzi. There are quite a few.

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi stock configurations

perazzi stock dimensions

perazzi stock measurements
perazzi trap gun stock dimensions