1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

¿ What is a 'Great Eastern Purse'

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

¿ What is a

and how is it different from a Lewis?

I've seen the term, but I have never been exposed and I'm curious how it works and if a 'Great Eastern' might get more money back into the game?

Bob

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Bob,
    It was a great purse for mid-size shoots (20-40 squads). Real simple, it paid 25%, 15 % and 10 % and then repeat itself. For example, if 98 was high, it got 25 %. If there was a 97 and 96, they got 15 and 10 respectively. Then it repeated itself. A 95 would get 25% and so on. At large shoots, the ties get so numerous in the second tier that it does not pay very well. I used to shoot at Great Eastern Gun Club back in the mid-90s to early 2004. Aden Kaufman ran the shoot. It was very popular. At that time, I was not capable of shooting a 97 or 98! However, I knew going in that if I behaved, and broke a 93 or 94 I would not only pay for my shoot but make some money besides! I love the purse and will play it every time at the Buckeye, Ohio State Shoot and of course the Cardinal! I see the Grand is offering it this year but of course they would not call it the Great Eastern!! Tom Rhoads

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Think - the top 6 scores(ie 99,98,97,96,95,94) get paid in caps. The lower the top number in the purse the lower the bottom scores. You don't have to be a "Big Dog" to get paid. I think it is a great purse.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a trap shooting great eastern class

great eastern purse

great eastern purse at shoots