1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a good price?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joannl030, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joannl030

joannl030 Member

I am seriously considering getting back into shooting. I have not shot since 1998 and am thinking about buying a gun. The first gun I am trying to find is the one I got for my 16th bday 23 years ago. I am awaiting a phone call to see where it might be. Here are my questions...
    It is a Citori O/U 32" barrels, I had it proported and had an adjustable comb added. I know it was $600 new way back when and of course extra with the work I had done to it, but need to have an idea of what it might be worth now. Of course, I have no idea if the present owner even wants to sell it back to me.
    My next question is that I found an exact duplicate of my original gun minus the adjustable stock. I have no idea how old it is, but the gun seller is asking $900 and I have no idea if that is a fair price. It is in very good shape.
    Can anyone please give me some pointers. My late father always did the gun buying and selling for me.
    Thanks for any input.

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

That is the going price for a good one in good shape. But in todays guns I beleive you could do yourself a favor and step it up to a more modern gun if I may say so. The early Citoris was a flat shooter and the trend today is a little higher shooter to get that built in lead for trap. I hope this helps if I can be of any help just let me know.
    Don

3. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Thank's to all who replies, I am looking forward to getting back into it. I forgot how much I really do miss it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.