1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a good magazine to subscribe to?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brian meyerhofer, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I would like to get a subscription to a magazine that would have info on trapshooting, shotguns, etc. What should I get?

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Brian, Shotgun Sports, has it all. www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com .

Tom R.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Shotgun Sports is a good one. I only read it b/c my friend gets it free for owning a gun club,,dunno if i'd pay for a subscription though. I also get Skeet Shooting Review (came free w/ my NSSA membership), and American Rifleman (came free with my NRA membership). All are a good read, but nothing you'll sit down and read through for hours on end. Some of the higher end double gun publications (such as double gun journal or shooting sportsman) are a VERY good read though if your into that sort of thing and tend to hold my attention alot longer,,but they can be pricy (DGJ is $40 a year,,only 4 issues LOL).

4. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

Clay Shooting USA has been the most useful for me.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

There's some in this crowd that secretly (Closet Skeeter's) subscribe to Martha Stewart "Living".

Curt

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Playboy is my choice, it has excellent photos. HMB

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If he wants to know about trapshooting WHY would he take a skeet, sporting clays or similar rag. There is only one magazine that covers trapshooting and that is TRAP AND FIELD. Shotgun sports got so bad I non-renewed after years of subscribing. AMERICAN RIFLEMAN is a good weapons read.

Sportees and skeeters just can't leave trapshooters alone, I believe the name of this site is still TRAPSHOOTERS.COM.

Don

8. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

1. Trap and Field
    2. Shotgun Sports

A few years ago, the choice would have been closer between these two, but Shotgun Sports has changed over the years and is now a distant second (IMHO)

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Shotgun Sports is all about advertising. I did not renew my subscription. With all the advertisers in that publication, they should give you the darn magazine. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.