1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT IS A GOOD GUN FOR MY SON

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcenfarms, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

hE HAS BEEN SHOOTING FOR A WHILE.HIS GUN IS WORKINGWELL BUT IT IS GETTING WORN OUT. i AM wILLING TO SPEND MONEY. HE SHOOTS ATA A LOT IN THE SUMMER. hE HAS A SKB 85TSS rl COMBO. HIS AVERAGE IS aBOUT 90.

HOPE YOU CAN GIVE INFO

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

He is wearing out an SKB 85TSS combo???

If I might ask a simple question or two ... who told you the gun was wearing out? Did he say that cause while he said he needs a new gun to shoot better? Did a qualified gunsmith tell you this? The reason I ask is it is tremendously hard to wear out a good quality gun and a SKB 85TSS is a very good gun and a combo gun should last him a lifetime or pretty close to a lifetime.

If I might actually be a little bold ... I think you son is trying to get you to buy a new gun and telling you he is wearing his out just because he wants a new one but if you really think its worn out please give me a few specifics to his current SKB (serial number, unsingle barrel length, over under barrel length, what type of stock) and I might offer you $300 or so for the worn out gun depending on the information you give me. $300 will help you pay for whatever the child is wanting.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Lumper,

You are SUCH a rascal. LOL

Obviously, this young shooter has been influenced by expert, adult trapshooters. Leave him alone! He NEEDS a Kolar,Perazzi or Krieghoff combo. One of these should hold up for a season or two before a new one is required. (giggle)

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Could this young shooter be falling into the thought process that dictates a new gun will increase his scores? I have been in that position many times in the past and will probably be there again.

Pat Ireland

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Pat ... he needs a new gun, his SKB 85TSS Combo is wore out and he needs a new one ... come on now Pat, work with me.

Tom ... depending on the info you provide I might even go $325 or slightly higher as long as

6. Stuart

Stuart Member

To answer your original question, I would look hard at Joel Etchens Beretta Silver Pigeon 11 unsingle combos. Don't blame you in getting rid of the SKB. To much of a log.
    The next gun I would consider is the 682 Gold E Combo. If a single barrel gun would work for him a old Super X model 1. Do not purchase anything you can't get serviced or parts for.
    Stu

7. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Stuart, where in the world did you get the idea that SKB's are hard to work on, hard to get parts for and are logs? Let's see some statistical proof. Let's not have any I've heard it from a friend.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I think that a PFS is the perfect system for a younger son that is still growing. He can adjust the gun as he needs it without all the cutting and then adding and so on. So I would buy a gun that will accept this system. Anything from a Browning up to K's or P guns. Just make sure that Vern has a grip for the gun your son wants. Save the old wood stock, and when, and if, he outgrows it. You can sell the gun with original stock and sell the PFS on this site seperately to get your investment back. PS. I will give you $400 for the SKB set without needing any Pictures. LOL LOL. Break-em all. JEff

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

$425.00.jackmitch

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

$430 ... come on now guys, lets remember this is just a worn out gun so the offering should be about topped out at this price.

11. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Can't let lumper get away with this one... $435.

Best,
    Dennis

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Can't let Dennis get away with this one... $438.

13. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

14. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

there is a perazzi mx2000rs unsingle combo on this website w/ 34 unsingle and 29 1/2 o/u.

15. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

$501.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.